Rides for a Newbie?

pantha magic

Retrobike Rider
Hi all,

Just asking for a few suggestions for easy rides in the Herts/Beds area...I've literally just got back on a bike after 16 years (the shame), so am looking for relatively easy rides that can go some way to building confidence on single tracks. (Took a wrong turn a Thetford a few weeks back, not pretty, believe it was a red track, came off in true rookie style LOL) :oops:

I am a novice, but am reasonable fit/sporty and just really want to improve quickly....as there seem to be some awesome events/rides that I should like join once I have a respectable pace....

Any tips always welcome too :p

Pantha Mx

:D

Hi, and welcome to our area :cool:

I'm sure some of the Herts/Beds chaps will be along shortly to point you in the right direction.

Jango and Rekiborter regularly do Chicksands on a Thursday night, so it might be worth hooking up with them. Lovely rolling singletrack to be enjoyed there ;)

Hi

Pickle is right, Jango, myself and a few others ride at Chicksands most Thursday evenings. Details of where and when we meet are in the 'Chicksands Thursday Night Rides' thread. We do the XC stuff not the 4X or north shore. Usually out for a couple of hours but it is a social ride so not much mileage is done. Far more time is spent chatting than actually riding.

We are not riding this week as we have a meet up at Thetford on Sunday. The details are in the Thetford meet 30th May - Average Marks 30th b'day ride.

You are more than welcome to come along, if you need more details or reassurance pm me.

Reki

Thanks guys. I'll have a wee look, may go for a reckie soon to check the terrain as maybe novice was understating it, and I wouldn't want to be the spoiler of fun rides...

...I may already be riding Sunday, so I may well be able to meet you if you stop for lunch :D

Latest posts

Back