• Google+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new, Please be gentle with me.

Hi all, Just found the site after looking for info on a bike i have had given to me. I must say that i have learnt more about bikes in the last hour than i have over the last 30 years and i thank you all....

Hopefully going to get some info on my new bike so i can get it back to its original condition...

misteracp":37in23mv said:
....nice step back in time coming back to this site - thanks to Matt Rowley for pointing me here....

used to do a fair bit of cycling in the early 90's...many old mates I wonder what happened to, some I still hear from occassionally

started off with a Marin Palisades Trail, then an Overburys Pioneer, then a Klein Attitude.....used a Fusion 0250 in between too.....

couple of peeps responsible on the way - Alex Morris for getting me involved right in the first place, Tim Davies for his very sound advice to a young entusiastic oik (me ) saying schoolwork/studies must come first as well as training techniques, to name but a few...

sadly the Klein was stolen and after that, I kinda lost interest as started driving....
recently got my hands back on a 2003 Kona Cindercone but it's nice to be riding again

I'll try and dig out some pics of the old bikes and put them up for a giggle

(now in correct topic heading)

pics at last
first bike - 1989 Marin Palisades 19" (black stem due to a bit of a nasty accident involving a steep hill, a tree and a heli ride to hospital).
LX groupset and Mavic M6 rims.
scan0018.jpg

then after seeing the May 90 ad for the Overbury's Pioneer, I ordered one the same, 18.5", but mine came with the straight forks, the then-to-have Suntour XC Comp, XCD hubs & brakes, MA40 rims, and a nifty but lethal VAPOR stem ...waited months and months for it.....nice bike...paint chipped easily sadly...nice satin finish
scan0014.jpg

scan0015.jpg

scan0016.jpg

Then my 1991 Klein Attitude - awesome bike. ran 28/38/48 no probs :p
Built from frame only, had XT throughout, MA40's (always buckling) eventually ran Bullseye hubs, Titanium Flite saddle eventually...
scan0021.jpg

scan0020.jpg

then lastly my 1992 Fusion 0250 Team Issue XTR........not everyone's cup of tea but I really really liked this!
XTR throughout, with RC-35's. I changed the stem for a longer lower reach CONTROL STEM...
scan0009.jpg

scan0011.jpg

scan0013.jpg

Hey everyone,

Been lurking for a while so thought I would say hi. Just purchased my 1st retro bike which i pick up tomorrow. (a nice purple muddy fox pathfinder same as one I had 15 years ago)

Thought I should give my orange 5 pro a rest from commuting duties!!!

Will make sure I post some pics when I have added various parts I have my eye on!

Luke.

Hello chaps, the wife is currently cursing you all because I just brought my '94 GT Timberline FS back from a friends... Gave it away a few years back, regretted it when I saw this site and the fun you all have.

I've just got back in to MTB... I was massively in to it as a teenager but university and drinking took over.

I'm currently riding about round Delamere on a 2004 GT Avalanche.. Possibly on the way to being retro in it's own right as it's pretty much factory spec.

Hi all. Only just disovered this site ....... just a few days after finsihing my Ellsworth Isis rebuild project. I had seen the Retro Bike stuff in MBR magazine but I never realsied unitl now that it was a whole website! :oops: Oh well, better late than never ;)

http://isisreborn.blogspot.com/

DSC00460.JPG

Hi guys

I'm ex UK & now live in Cape Town. South Africans don't really do the retro thing & I didn't relaise how many MTB ers were also into retro. I'm not into retro for retro's sake, I just love the style of the older bikes.
My current bikes: a '96 Explosif with pace rc36 Evo forks running XT 8 speed. A Dawes hand made early 80's, with brooks titanium, 531, quill stem, cinelli bars all 7 spd campag record (Delta).
I also have a new Aluminium/carbon thing, but I won't go into that here.

The best MTB bike of all time? RC200. Anyone got a frame for sale?

So hello guys, I look forward to talking to you about REAL bikes.

Okay, so after following a link to here from bikeradar I've got the bug. I want to get all the bikes I lusted after all the way through secondary school.
I love my 2004 Rockhopper but the time has come to retrograde it :D

The only question is what do I go for first? Eggplant Lava Dome, Rockhopper, pink and blue KHS Montana Team, Rock Lobster?

This is gonna be fun!

Hello

Not having enough money to buy a bike from a shop to have some twit nick it and having dreamt of owning certain bikes as a teenager - I am buying my dreams! and then having to replace bits they are falling off. Currently Ive a Kona Hahanna (a great second hand find), a Schwinn moab III (an Ebay inpulse) and Claud Butler Mixte (discarded and saved from the bin).
Hoping to get the Hahanna in a conditions where I can do the southdowns with it this year - but as this is my first rennovation, looking increasingly unlikely - despite the good start - the cranks / BB are not playing as they should.
cheers

Like coming home!

Hi all!

Been lurking this forum for awhile and finally joined up. My name is Daniel and I am from Sweden. Back on track, bikingwise, after a few years of slacking:) Got my first bike in 1989.

I found this place searching the internet for info on an old steel RM i bought for 30 euros, but I found that the chainstays had rusted away, so I had to chuck. But I found this place and have stayed on, so much to read and see. A great plce this is, yes.

I ride an old RM Equipe(now green and mixed old a new stuff) and recently bought myself a RM Cirrus, original down to the smallest wire, hehe. In the works is also a Mongoose Amplifier(frame& forks, that needs attention.

Well, its really nice to be here! It is like coming home:)

/Daniel aka Evilgringo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back