Decals Decals Decals !!!

magicmistertea

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
i have noticed a lot of people asking for originals decals, so i have posted this thread. i havent used this guy but im sure he can help out anyone looking for rare decals, let me know if its any help

velographicdecals.com

There's a thread started this morning about this at MTBR VRC. While I've never used him, I've heard raves about his work. That being said, it sounds like he's a bit swamped at the moment and has been for quite some time.

On a side note.... After visiting the screen printer and watching exactly is done to make them, it amazes me how simple it is with today's technology. Basically I handed the guy an illustrator file, he fed the vinyl into the machine, and he hit print. The machine did the rest, and then he used an x-acto blade to cut the excess off.

If you can get a scan of the artwork you're looking for, and create the appropriate outlines in illustrator, then I think you're good to go. This is the hard part, and it probably takes a pro like Gil_M and Rody to do this.

On the cheap, they make paper that you can feed into your printer, which is basically a clear sheet with an adhesive backing. Its tough stuff, but if you have a color printer, it should work just fine. Note, this is the poor man's way.

I think vinyls are relatively easy to make...it's the high quality silk screen decals that most bikes use(d) that are expensive and more difficult to make.

When it comes to decals hard to fault Gil@Cyclesheds work. Top bloke too :D

Gil_m on n this site is a top man. did me great work for stickers/T-shirt at a low price. :D

Back