The GT STS Thread Members Bikes and Tech Info

Shorten the seatpost and rear brake cable maybe...
What chainset is that?

And I'm sure the boffins will correct me, but I'm noticing stuff with your rear end. The top of the trunion mount seems to have some extra cnc milling on it, but the chainstay down by the bottom bracket looks a bit skimpy (Like an LTS 3000 part.) Does it have the X shape machining on it?

Heres my 1997 GT STS-DH. Love the look of it but need to get some DHO's on it to bring the front end up!

Attachments

• gt_sts_dh_pic_151_270.jpg
    gt_sts_dh_pic_151_270.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 5,263
franklynation1

Nice bike :cool:

Can you take a pic of the rear end of the bike for me, particularly the area just behind the bottom bracket.

As for suggestions........

The bike did originally come with single crown forks, I personally don't like the look of the RST's you've got on there. IMHO would look much better with a set of single crown Marzocchi Bombers or even the original spec Judy SL's

The frame is also desperate for a new set of decals unless that is you fancy the stealth look. There are people on here who can sort you out with some nice snazzy new ones. I'd also go V Brakes all round and ditch that front disc.

But having said that it is your bike and your toy to tinker with ;)

retroreado

Used to have one of those :( very :cool: bike and love that Tioga saddle

I can see that the damned internal cable routing meant the zip ties have had to be used on those Magura's. I very nearly drilled a frame once when contemplating getting hydraulic hoses through them holes but I just stuck with V brakes in the end :(

Good condition DHO's are getting pretty hard to come by, 100mm - 120mm travel (maybe 130mm at a push) single crown Z1 Bombers would look pretty good and preform just as well if not better.

i'll see if i can get a pic but its possible the rear end is off a different gt... possibly an lts rather than another sts.
i quite like the look of triple clamp IMHO but tbh they far too stiff and not plush at all, and need proper stripping :? need an rst cap adjuster wrench tho. WTF? can find them anywhere!!
would like some bombers tbh :)
new decals would be preety cool :cool:

Back