2010 Singular Swift - Updated

Right Ferrit has set me off, changed a fair bit to try and get the bike dialled for what i expect from it and it's about 99% there now.

2010 Singular Swift
Mavic TN719 rims on Hope pro2 hubs
Avid Juicy Ultimate Brakes
Easton EA70 680 wide flat bar and matching 90mm stem - wanted to sharpen the handling and bring the front down to allow more weight over the front wheel to let it carve turns.
M960 XTR cranks - cut these down and hand polished them rather happy with the finish.
Hope bb and aheadset
Continental Race king's ready for Mayhem! these went on tubeless really easily, would recomend.
After all that i knocked 1 1/2 pounds off the weight so it's down to 24lb - should be ready for Dusk till Dawn now!

Attachments

• Swift 1.jpg
    Swift 1.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 3,088
  • Swift 2.jpg
    Swift 2.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 3,088
  • Swift 3.jpg
    Swift 3.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 3,088
Looks like the weights nice and low.

The XTR crank looks the dogs danglies, nice job.

I would give serious consideration to the forks at some stage, whilst I apprciate the Reynolds forks are a really nice ride, the difference in weigth at the front end is really noticable. If I had the dough I would definatley be plumping for a set of Niner Carbons like this but colour coded

3999075998_14b031042c.jpg

Carbon forks? no thanks. Ridden them before and find them twangy and unpleasent. can't see the point in them on this, it's light enough and sharpening the head angle would make it to twitchy for the riding i like. It steers quick enough as it is yet can still carve the turns at Thetford absolutly fine. In fact i'm surprised at seeing you want to sharpen the steering up on yours, after riding probably a dozen 29ers i find the swift to be one of the most agile, wouldn't want to make it twitchey.

Thats looking tickety boo and the weight is pretty impressive for a steel big wheeler :cool: The frames seem to suit any type of build, you have kinda modern looking kit there but it sits really nice.

Average Mark":35kji4jw said:
Carbon forks? no thanks. Ridden them before and find them twangy and unpleasent. can't see the point in them on this, it's light enough and sharpening the head angle would make it to twitchy for the riding i like. It steers quick enough as it is yet can still carve the turns at Thetford absolutly fine. In fact i'm surprised at seeing you want to sharpen the steering up on yours, after riding probably a dozen 29ers i find the swift to be one of the most agile, wouldn't want to make it twitchey.

For me it was a quick and dirty way to shed weight but as you say carbon forks are an aquired taste. They have tightened mine up a treat, not just the sharpening of the headangle but the drop in weight up front is noticable.

These Singular frames are great though, versatile enough to build up however you like whilst still looking like classy

I agree with you, half the fun is seeing how different people build them up!. would love to ride ours back to back to see the difference, would be interesting i think.

Back