What got your girlfriend into it? (Mountain Bikes that is)

Cherrymatt

Old School Hero
So come on then you guys what did you do to get your other halves interested in the noble sport of mountain biking?

Ladies what got you hooked?

Was it a particular bike, event or route?

Help me out want to get my girlfrien into biking then I can go mad and buy lots of lovely stuff, and I'll know what to get her for her birthday!!!

Mrs Wu was into it before I knew her. That's how we met, I saw her 92 Cannondale M800 and she saw my 93' Rockhopper comp and a conversation was started and a true love born. (We didn't get on so bad either.)

:D :D :D

my girlfriend started saying things like 'ooh whats that?', and 'thats nice' when shiny things appeared in the mail... this is great i thought...
next thing she asks me is what ringle is after following some of my searches on ebay!
so we hunt ebay and put together a really nice specialized m4 from a frame and bits i had... now she wants a fat chance or a rocky mountain cos the specialized isnt retro enough!! :roll:
she got more and more into riding earlier this year and was really enjoying it. then came the day - she took a horrible fall in the peaks - shattered collarbone, lots of torn ligaments/tendans and keyhole surgery to follow. not good at all.
i thought that would be the end of it and she'd never want to go near a bike again (and i wouldnt blame her to be honest!). but it hasnt put her off at all! Whilst she's been off riding shes been hunting ebay and now has a list of red bits she wants along with the new frame! hehehehe! :roll:

Mine isn't interested either... she even thinks my dream bike, a 1990 KLEIN Attitude in Team USA, is totally gay because of the colours :-( Ah who cares what others think anyway :)

Except for a Mountain Cycles San Andreas and S-bike (that she saw in a 1992 magazine), she thought they were cool :cool: ;)

My wife doesn't ride, but she lets me do my thing which counts for a lot.

She's got her own bike (vintage of course!) but is only really good for a pedal around the block.

My girl isn't into bikes at all, but same as Eric, she lets me do my thing.. She runs..

Although she did steal my Fox Racing pants a while back and continues to wear them around the apartment :roll:

We're looking at buying a house in the Richmond area at the moment [will be moving there not so long after moving back to the UK] and she knows that a small garden with a shed in it is High Priority ;)

I simply brain washed her into mountain bikes. Built her up a 14.5" Zaskar for one of our first Christmas's together, now she's hooked. Pretty lucky to have a girl as passionate as me about bikes. That Dirt Diva's course looks interesting though, may mention to her later!

Roon - I grew up there. Lovely place, wish we hadn't left in many ways - one of which being I'd own a house worth a fortune! :)

:D

Back