1995 Sunn Radical 2 FULL BIKE PICS 05-09-2010

Stolen from the web >>

9612shimano_xl.jpg

This is a DX skewer.

^ I am still unsure of the skewer, I have a Shimano one which looks the same as that except for the lock nut side which is just straight chrome.

I also cannot see a rubber o-ring on the lock nut side. I'll try and get a bigger picture so we can put this to bed. Thanks again.

Well I haven't made much progress other than to identify that the skewer I have is the correct one. I will post pics sometime later with some cleaning I have done.

Tonight (though not for a while as it's just started chucking it down) when I go home I will be stripping the swingarm and shock paint. Then hopefully next week I can weld repair the canti bosses and send them off for paint finally. I have found a nice painter who can fill the dents and re-braze the cable stop too, so fingers crossed they'll comeback like new.

I have placed my order for shims and will be waiting 2-3 weeks for those but they will hopefully put an end to most of the back end wobble.

The fork is still away getting serviced and I need to really chase the status of that.

I bought a black brake booster and hopefully will get the front straddle cable too.

Only need to buy a seat, bearings and rust preventative curing products now. I can't wait for the build.

Really bummed out. Got the forks back from their service and some of the seals are shot. They seemed fine and were pumped up and then just started leaking.

The top caps have a cylinder of rubber in them with a tiny hole for your pump needle this has opened up/perished over time and won't now hold air.

Also on one leg they leak out of the top of the stanchion.

I am gutted as I thought they were fixed.

Has anyone any idea how I could fix the seals? Maybe apply some mastik or....I don't know :(

The main problem is the fork leg seal as I have some spare though incorrect top caps.... :( :( :( :(

Help me please, suspension is my weakest area.

i think you will struggle to repair seals,

best bet would be to find out what diameter fork legs you have and try and adapt some air seals from another Air fork like a rockshox SID maybe with the same diameter legs?

that is if you cant source some originals..

Well this hasn't been update in ages because I've not ahcieved anything.

I have a complete new seal and valve kit etc. I just need to know where to buy a repair kit to fill a tiny hairline crack in the carbon fork leg and then this can go back together.

May be worth talking to justbackdated, see if any of his pace experience can assist on another firms carbon forks.

justbackdated has the forks, can he get them to work? Check back here for the next thrilling installment.

I've cleaned all the kit to go back on this bike now, still after some XT brakes and am fingers crossed getting a straddle finally, could this be coming towards completion? Some pictures will follow shortly.

Oh I need to paint and fill dents on the swing arm and braze on the missing cable stop too. I've had it in my toolbox for about 10 years hahaha.

I also need some plexi glass for the chain device...might need to go to B&Q or something...

Back