First Ride and, How do I pump it up?!

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
First ride on the machine shown here tonight. Please excuse the pedals, I do have something far more suitable (thanks Malc) to fit. As there wasn't much wind tonight I decided to have a quick go on it.
Not much wind true, but still enough to make for some interesting 'moments'.

The ride quality wasn't helped by a bulge/high spot on the rear tyre and almost no air in the front. How do you get air in the blighter?? No pump I have will fit. The second photo shows what I mean.

It is very odd to ride. More comfortable than it looks (slightly) with a first gear taller than most mtb highest gears.

I think I will be in the market for a spoked 650c tub wheel!

PS Those legs ain't mine!

Attachments

• SDC10141.JPG
    SDC10141.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 626
  • SDC10140.JPG
    SDC10140.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 626
John":3acgdma1 said:
Nice. Did you give it a go in the club TT?

No, not yet it was just a pootle out a country road and back. As long as you keep it straight it keeps its line unless even a hint of side wind happens along. Deviate around a pothole suddenly though and its off! Must be physics or something.

I have got it with the sole intention of doing a sub 30 ten!

Iwasgoodonce":3p4qs3yx said:
John":3p4qs3yx said:
Nice. Did you give it a go in the club TT?

No, not yet it was just a pootle out a country road and back. As long as you keep it straight it keeps its line unless even a hint of side wind happens along. Deviate around a pothole suddenly though and its off! Must be physics or something.

I have got it with the sole intention of doing a sub 30 ten!

Good luck, as Me Fignon proved twin disk wheels can be a handful ;)

Latest posts

Back