Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

sinnett177":220krybb said:
Glad to see you've uprated the forks for Mrs. Ned :D

I am all generosity!

I still have the original straight forks in the shed.

And all the original components which were mainly XT with the Raleigh steel stem and bars in matching silver grey.

XLITE Trimnell Stem

:D Just to advise Im selling a single Stem which is from the Trimnell Fork in the for sale thread, dont know if this is of any use to anyone, its bloody light!.

Wonder if anyone would be mad enough to run it as a single stem!.

:LOL:
Passiflora

rc200ti":38e8pxcy said:
Nice pic Ned :D

Is it one of yours? I just picked it from the aftermath thread!

For axles I generally use a 122.5 for triples but mine are all 'old type' early 90's ones (LX and XT) so perhaps this has changed with later ones? For example, I think an early XTR uses a shorter one.

Posted before but I've been absent for a while.

I love my DynaTech's, those Quantum pics take me back!

Attachments

• dyna_tech_ti_940.jpg
    dyna_tech_ti_940.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,721
Old Ned":2s3dqubk said:
I've just trawled all through this thread and not seen one picture of an Odyssey even though they've been talked about a lot.

Here's a shot of mine in the guise of Mrs Ned's cruising machine but it was transformed last year into a more conventional bike and can be seen in action during last years Peaks ride complete with matching period jersey.

I can take a better shot of it in its conventional format if anyone's interested!

Hang you head in shame Ned.. That is a dredful thing to do to an Odssey..what were ya smoking when you put those bars on? and the mud guard? :cry:

Ogre XT":1vdsricw said:
Old Ned":1vdsricw said:
I've just trawled all through this thread and not seen one picture of an Odyssey even though they've been talked about a lot.

Here's a shot of mine in the guise of Mrs Ned's cruising machine but it was transformed last year into a more conventional bike and can be seen in action during last years Peaks ride complete with matching period jersey.

I can take a better shot of it in its conventional format if anyone's interested!

Hang you head in shame Ned.. That is a dredful thing to do to an Odssey..what were ya smoking when you put those bars on? and the mud guard? :cry:

Yeh, I know, but that was before I'd joined this lot and realised what a classic I'd got. And Mrs Ned needs comfort not speed - and I'd bought it for her (allegedly) in the first place. I'd have hoped that it's a lot more acceptable in its current incarnation.

The mudguards date back to when it was my 'winter MTB'. I got fed up with a wet muddy streak up my back and a wet *rs*. The front one only came off to make it easier to fit into the back of the car.

I now need to build another bike for Mrs Ned still using the (very comfortable) bars and saddle. They are an integral part of any bike I build for her.

dyna experts, any ideas on the seatpost diameter on my '94 Diablo LX above?

thinking about nicking some Pace RC36 Pro Class 2's off my bro's ride to try on the front of her. they're set at 80mm i think plus there will be a decent amount of sag so should be OK...

cheers, andrew

Back