My new bike.

Agency_Scum

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
My 1987 Cannondale Tourer. Bought with all it's original spec ( which is for sale! ) and a dream to ride. Size is 27" center to center.

Please click on pics to make them big.

This is it in " racer " form.

( nine speed Dura Ace hubs-to take regular 8 speed cassettes-with square taper Dura Ace chainset, Shimano 600 rear mech )

Ooh, lovely ancient aluminium!

The office.

( those brake levers are going soon for a set of Shimano 600s, Brooks leather bar tape, original headset didn't even need new bearings! )

STOP!

( the brakes HAD TO go. Single pivot calipers were not stopping my big 18 stone arse so I drilled out the bridge-oh stop wincing, it'll be fine-to take modern Ultegra long-drops )

Workhorse.

( this is the beast in work/touring mode, Cannondale wheels, XT 737 chainset, 28mm tyres and Tortec rack...rides like a dream! )

Jiggery pokery.

( lots was needed to persuade the rack-and other things of the 21st century-to fit this 23 year old Cannondale but it was worth it. )

The new steed.

( goes like a dream and the old Longstaff-click subtitle below-is retiring to Ireland and my girlfriend's dad's farm house where I'll use it on holidays there. )

Nice sympathetic work. Good to see it'll be a workhorse.

Don't have to click the pics to make it big. It's already a gate.

27" centre to centre?
Head tube doesn't long long enough for a 27" frame (maybe the diameter of the tubing makes it look smaller).

Never-the-less...I want it :)

Back