Le Stumpjumper Comp (1992) Warning: It's quite pink...

Citroen CX?

Mr Wu....is that a CX I see in your avatar. I'm a great fan of these cars and have just reluctantly 'lost' my 25GTi.
Or am I just seeing things :LOL:
Cheers,
HB

Harry - it is indeed. A GTI Turbo II.

I'm from a long line of Citroens. But abolute fave - CX. I know they are trouble, but oh so great.
:D

Gus - I had forgotten I had one of these '92 Stumpjumpers in pink myself. That was the year the Future Shock Stumpy came out IIRC which I had first before the Comp - probably one of the first mainstream production front suspension bikes - the fork was made by Rockshox and it leaked straight out of the box, to add to that the rear triangle on mine was as bent as a bent thing. I took it back and got the lovely made in Japan pink Prestige Comp as above instead. First ride was a lovely reminder of the responsiveness of a rigid bike - that Comp fitted me like a glove, only thing was chain suck which chewed up the stay...will get that scan done next week.

PS - never had a CX but an AX GT was one of the best fun cars I ever had.

tintin40":3t3op9kh said:
purplewicked":3t3op9kh said:
don't touch it. drop the bar ends and keep it. one of the best all time mtbs.

SPOT ON. 100%

If you do keep the bar ends, bring em down a bit! I always imagine bar ends pointing at the sky=snapped wrists...

Wu-Tangled":20m4b20k said:
Harry - it is indeed. A GTI Turbo II.

I'm from a long line of Citroens. But abolute fave - CX. I know they are trouble, but oh so great.
:D
My dad always had them first a GS Pallas then CX's. He like the ride so smooth. The TV companies used a DX estate for race coverage as it was so smooth for the viewer.
? He never had any trouble with his.

yeah, bar ends and grips already gone so as to transport it home from France. Those pics were before i had any allen keys to change anything on the first day.

Max - nice story. What size was yours. I think they were 18, 19, 20 but mine measures 19.5 c-t. Hmm?

Isn't that big either. I ride a 17.5 nowadays and i know older bike geometry was smaller etc (my Rockhopper of same era was 18 and is tiny) but this 19 or so is actually about the same feeling as my modern 17.5.

Mine was an 18" - 19.5 was alsways a standard Spec' size (certainly in the early days...) - not sure on '92 but by '94 it went 18, 19, 20...

Max,

it's a 19. And weirdly if fits perfectly. Just older more laid back and lower bb geometry i suppose.

Back