What's the daftest thing you've ever fitted?

tintin40":awkks66k said:
Fitting suspension

I hinted at it in my post. I raced on suspension (Manitou 2 and Pace RC35AB) and could not understand the fuss. Usually when I needed control, the fork was compressed out completely and gave me less control. The season I changed to rigid fork blades in the Pace fork was when I started getting decent results.

Of course it could have been the old school goodness of my riding position on the 150mm stem and straight bars that were the root cause of the problem.

'Domestique' behind the seat bottle holder..........fitted one to my original 550- it was a tight fit for a 75cl bottle over the pivot- then discovered that you can't actually reach behind your arse that well in a head down/arse up setup. And one day, going down a long hill on road, I adopted the Eyetalian stylee descent posture, and planted my baws right on the thing...........never used it ever again- it now resides with my Chocolate Fireguard collection.

Cheers,
Dav

*PS- never used them, but I think they'd look cool- Kellogs Spokey Reflectors, shaped like the Cornflakes chicken- been knockin' around my toolbox for years- the better, more expensive, classic the bike, they look even cooler by dint of their extreme crapness in comparison.

The electronic siren i had fitted to my Grifter as a child, it would produce Police, Fire or Ambulance sounds at the press of a button :cool:

Yup, onza porcs - had some white ones on my 550 and black on the ram - both cr#p .

The electronic siren i had fitted to my Grifter as a child

That's not daft- they were ace!
In fact, I want one now.......except these days, I demand it be programmable.......I want it to emit the sound of a Ranting Wino.......

Or maybe just canned air horns, one each side of my helmet, like a Comedy Viking.

Alas, the crappy V-brake adaptor on my frame. Should have drilled the seat collar. Which is now lost. :( When it gets resprayed, I'm getting a proper cable stop brazed on...

Vredestein Slizer and Grinder tyres, the blue ones. Designed for muddy conditions. I could find my way home by following the rubber bits I lost.

White Porcs are durable :LOL:

Back