1992 Explosif

clockworkgazz":277sp9cv said:
loving the work and cant wait to get a go- sorry for asking but what's a disc brake then is it a kind of magura?

You spent too long in Shawlands :D

Hey Panda.

Loving this project! I had my Cindercone frame converted by Shand too. Im slightly jealous of your disk mouth though. The cut away looks so nice :twisted:

Wheres the project at mate, ant updates yet?

P2s?

Hey Panda,

I have the same bike, but my P2s are too long - what are you doing with yours? Want to sell up? Are they the originals with 395mm a to c?

All the best,

Jason

some bits and pics (having trouble with p/bucket at the mo) :D ...........

BNIB :D
DSCF2317-1.jpg

New elastomers :D
DSCF2322-1.jpg

Early (1992?) Hope cable disc brake caliper and hub assembly - still need correct bracket to fit onto RC35 fork leg ;)
DSCF2328.jpg

DSCF2323.jpg

Avid BB5 disc calipers - I may use these if using forks newer than RC35s
DSCF2319-1.jpg

Need to decide on my RC35 choice - would like to use the Atmosphere Balanced variant with approx 40/50mm travel, but unsure if I can get 1.1/8th crown for them and don't want to use 1" steerer reducer.

If not I'll go for slightly later version with 1.1/8th threaded steerer fitted.

Also have bouncy 100mm travel set but will keep them for a) another bike or b) 10Under the Ben next year :shock:

Re: P2s?

Mackerel":2xmaxwso said:
Hey Panda,

I have the same bike, but my P2s are too long - what are you doing with yours? Want to sell up? Are they the originals with 395mm a to c?

All the best,

Jason

Mackerel - think I have the original TB P2s hanging up in the cellar - will check for you .

"Slow Burner" - I hadn't realised just how slow :LOL:

However, as I was preparing parts last month and then passed this lot last week.....

skye131.jpg

skye140.jpg

skye145.jpg

skye155.jpg

.........I now have a better idea for colour scheme based on the black (burnt) frame :twisted:

Mr Panda":vudcyekn said:
Arran pencilled in. Especially as i've just committed to giving The Tall Fellow a free frame :shock:

Explosif likely to be a slow progress, low budget sort of affair, which will be USED :twisted:

:LOL: :LOL:

kaiser":2ouon2xo said:
Mr Panda":2ouon2xo said:
Arran pencilled in. Especially as i've just committed to giving The Tall Fellow a free frame :shock:

Explosif likely to be a slow progress, low budget sort of affair, which will be USED :twisted:

:LOL: :LOL:

Oi - less of the cheek and get you back to nappy duty!

How's the De Kerf comin' along?

:LOL:

Not sure if I like the Syncros stem - might swap back to Velocity and Kona seatpost :|

Stem looks awfy bulky in the flesh :|

Paint not finished yet :LOL:

Back