Modern Slingshot

jez-2-many-bikes":ipezan2y said:
I dearly want to test one of these. The fact that theyve been going with a pretty similar design since the 80s must mean they are pretty good.

I'd like to try one for sure - as to whether they're any good? They certainly have their fans. I've never even seen one....

;) They are not expensive, the cheapest is near 900 $ or euros I donót know.

Forget the new ones...china made Aluminum junk.

Find a classic chromo model, born from Greendale, you'll be much happier.

cheers,

rody

i still can't work out how it works?? How can a frame be stiff over ruff ground by using a cable? It is such a great idea. 10/10

tintin40":2yembwvz said:
i still can't work out how it works?? How can a frame be stiff over ruff ground by using a cable? It is such a great idea. 10/10

Think of it as a 'variable wheelbase'. The bike inch worms, pulls itself along the trail.

In a straight line, the frame is stiff, aside from it's intended suspension characteristics.

In tight twisties with lots of body english, you can flex it out. Feels something like a rear tire a bit too low on air.

If you're a finesse rider that doesn't weigh much, its a great bike.

That tends to fit my riding style. Plus when you get used to the way it rides, you can make it work for you. Drift it a bit in the corners.

rody":1of7y8iu said:

cheers,

rody

I agree 100%.

The new ones are outsourced soulless overpriced piles.

A mid 90's Slinger with the factory rigid fork are best.

I'm another rider who has never seen one but would love a good long test.

Old skool steel only for me... but the folding job could be tempting when I'm working away from home.

rumpfy":3rkspevb said:
rody":3rkspevb said:

cheers,

rody

I agree 100%. The new ones are outsourced soulless overpriced piles.

A mid 90's Slinger with the factory rigid fork are best.

Like this one then? (but with some Accutrax or something....)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0136361129

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back