What was Your teen bike dream? Is the reality as good?

:cool: My dream bike was a rocky mountain, about in 1996 It was very spensive for me. Then some years later, I saw the sugar model. I bought the sugar one in 2003. This week I sold the sugar and now I have my dream bike: a rm ets-x TRANS BLUE+ WITE.

This was my baby, now a friend ride it. I still love it. :roll:

I never got the chance to ride my dream bike. I always had the bikes i liked, raced with the bikes i wanted (when they weren´t too much expensive).

I never rode, and probably will never ride my dream´s bike, unless Rumpfy decides to sell me his Tomac´s Raleigh or bring her to some holidays in Portugal... :)

Anything Yeti, remember a Yeti ARC was 1800 euros for the frame only back in 1992. I got 30 euro every month, would have taken me 5 years to save up for the frame only(!). Klein also, especially the hi-end models with rigid fork.

I got myself a FRO and an Ultimate last year but I dont have any time to hunt for parts or ride. How ironic, when you are young you dont have cash. When you are old you dont have time, f'n great.

Oh yes - continuing on for my Pace desires - always really wanted the 'soon to be released' Pace XC full susser. I've been waiting since 1992, they only came out this summer! There were even adverts for the frames in bike shops BITD with prices, but only prototypes were ever made until now. They look OK but nothing special, are now made in China/Taiwan, and are a bit much of a bike for what I want... Wonder if anyone on here has any history on the prototypes or if they are still around?

Ian

Alan Cyclocross bike

Am building it at the moment. Will let you know.............

Gios Super Record - All I can say is that it's a lovely bike, but modern materials give a better ride.

I'm old enough (and have been well paid enough) to have been able to buy all the MTBs I wanted, without having to lust after them for ages....

Would like to try a Pace RC200 though - was all set to buy one when they stopped making them!!!! And had to make do with the RC303 instead.

Back