claud butler something or the other

smashford

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
its blue came in wheelless, Campag nuovo record, dura ace stem 531 tubing, any ideas on what it is? am I making this a project, paint could do with at least touching up....

Attachments

• bcb.jpg
    bcb.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 3,895
  • bcbf.jpg
    bcbf.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 3,895
  • camp.jpg
    camp.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 3,895
just curious about it all, i like to know what I'm riding...
one-eyed_jim it does look alot like that colstar has reynolds 531 db tubing from what the stickers say, I couldn't see a date on the rear derailleur found where it says patent but no date, maybe i'm not looking in the right place?
need to get about sourcing some wheels for it now, and setting a rough value so i can purchase it, it got donated to us so I'd have to buy it off myself, everything else goes for about £40....

SR (Sakae Ringyo) was fitted as original equipment to the full-build Colstar in '77:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/nkilgariff ... rCycle.jpg

There are some obvious differences between your frame and that one - such as the pump peg and stops for the rear brake - and it looks as though the Colstar used long-point lugs in '77. If the rear mech's original to the bike, 74-75 would be a reasonable estimate of the year of manufacture of the frame.

Does your frame have water-bottle braze-ons?

There should be a a frame number under the bottom bracket, should be quite easy to date from that. As a general rule if the seatpost is 27.2mm it will be 531 double butted.

Back