10 at Kirroughtree

Maybe ZZ, Haggis and Rado could form a team? Would be a strong one any roads.

ZZ try a road bike, its fantastic.

clockworkgazz":3pede2jn said:
do what I did ZZ, buy a road bike, pull it to bits with great plans and then leave it in the garage where it belongs :LOL:

or even better spend over a grand building one as good as mine then realise you don't like the roadie experience of rattly bumps and twitchy turns and sore hands and back.

make sure you shave your legs, get some bronski beat on the ipod and grow a beard while your at it- complete the look ;)

Don't have any Bronski Beat, but do have some Erasure... will they do?

Have been thinking recently my back could do with losing some fluff. Back, crack and leg wax?

Beard + bald head = neo nazi. Probably not going to do me any favours with the ladies (or anyone else for that matter).

zigzag":hs36g547 said:
Don't have any Bronski Beat, but do have some Erasure... will they do?

Have been thinking recently my back could do with losing some fluff. Back, crack and leg wax?

Beard + bald head = neo nazi. Probably not going to do me any favours with the ladies (or anyone else for that matter).

PMSL :LOL:

The Ken":pq4dgddb said:
clockworkgazz":pq4dgddb said:
do what I did ZZ, buy a road bike, pull it to bits with great plans and then leave it in the garage where it belongs :LOL:

or even better spend over a grand building one as good as mine then realise you don't like the roadie experience of rattly bumps and twitchy turns and sore hands and back.

i did this but did even get as far as riding it and have subsequently sold most of it and am now just left with a frame :LOL:

kaiser":1rrpsdsw said:
Maybe ZZ, Haggis and Rado could form a team? Would be a strong one any roads.

ZZ try a road bike, its fantastic.

As ZZ I'm somewhere between trio and duo team. Bit more keen on race in pair as waiting for shift in trio team takes bit too long. Could be interesting to start as a solo man to me as well. Im pretty c*&^p on short distances, if I'm warmed up properly I do perform better on long marathons. But aye, one man start is a bit serious and I do like team spirit. Also depends how rough single track will be. If quiet easy and rideable with lots of uphills then I'll be ok, if lots of rocks, roots and mud then I'll be need a team mate or mates. Anyway, I have to think about it as well.

Remember guys, we are a team, we're Ecurie MacRetro, at races we all operate from the same base camp, we all support each other :D

Nowhere is it written we must operate in the race in formation with riders going off in correct sequence. Plus as soloists we can have a race within a race by seeing which MacRetro member can log the most laps :cool:

Final thought, why does everyone think solo is harder work :? Why do you think that as a solo you must match the number of laps a team does. At 10UTB I got two laps in with loads of hanging about in the cold. As a soloist I can choose when to ride based on how I feel/weather etc. I reckon as a soloist I could get more laps in but no way could I match a team and I will not be panning my self in trying.

I have a reputation for grumpiness and pesimism but I'm not over analysing and shooting myself down with these enduro races. I'm really looking forward to them especially if you guys are with me :D

Velo your 100% right, you have a reputation for grumpiness and pessimism :LOL:

So far then we have

Kaiser solo
Velo solo
Rado solo/team
Haggis team
ZZ Mibee's/team?

please quote and edit if I'm wrong and also if you fancy coming along please pipe up.

what about the other 10UTBer's? Robmac, Dyna, big eck, Jimbo?

Back