The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

About as far away as you can get I'm in Wallasey :cry: ,might go out for a quick recovery ride tonight ?

There's no typing on here so everyone must be out there getting fit for Mayhem ! How's the fitness levels doing lads ? ;)

I'm getting back to fitness. Been doing a 30 mile commute to work each day, which is really paying dividends.

Really looking forward to Mayhem, it was a real highlight of last year for sure.

My fitness levels seem pretty good at the moment. (I've even been getting in some more running Woody!)

Put some drops onto my Saracen Sahara Single Speed today and went for a little early evening test run. Having never really ridden on drops before it was slightly scary at times finding the brake levers. For a fairly flat road ride I was woefully under-geared with my 34:18 off-road set up.
Spent half the time spinning and swallowing flies.
I am though looking forward to taking it down some tricky descents for some truly terrifying fun.

I'm thinking that a Saracen Sahara Seven Speed might be a better option though.

In terms of Mayhem, the Dyna Tech is the obvious choice, but I'd also like to finally get my Zaskar up and running too.

Continuing on from the Rossendale thread...

A midweek ride in the Macclesfield area would be good. How's about Wednesday 21st? Could go over to somewhere like Hayfield for a bit of a change from my local trails though.

Or is the priority a post ride curry?

I'll struggle for next week but could do the week after. Think a nice couple of hour ride followed by a meal is the order of the day. Perhaps a Macc forest loop followed by meal and a beer?

Back