RETRO - PERSPECTIVE

SLIM

BoTM Winner
noticing lately a lot of knocking of the CURRENT bikes and "mainly black" anodising

but guys picture this , ( 10years from now )

............screen goes all wobbly from the special effects team..................

were all between 40 , 50 maybe even 60

what we now are regarding as crap , will be " RETRO "

pause for thought .......................................................

WILL WE BE EATING OUR WORDS AS GRUMPY OLD MEN

OR JUST CARRYING ON IN OUR OWN LITTLE RETRO WORLD

spending all our pension money on the " crap " retro stuff saying how cool all the black stuff from the 00`s was

just my thought for the day :LOL: ( i think i need to get more sleep ) :shock:

Personally I don't knock the modern bike unless it's what I think of as tasteless or has used inferior manufacturing.

I love my retro bikes but I have owned new stuff too, Spesh stumpy Fsxr xc comp, Trek 8500, Trek Fuel 100 all new or virtually new when I had them. My current workhorse is a 2004 Airborne Black Widow that I've owned since err..2004.

I just like to see people enjoying cycling, i don't really care what it is they're riding as long as they're having fun, keeping fit and not being any bother.

I think black is unimaginative and doesn’t capture the excitement and exclusivity of the mid nineties anodised, machined exuberance.

And Im right - of course.

oh well , thats completely lowered the tone of my meaningfull disscusion for the day :LOL: :LOL:

Oops! Sorry Slim. *cough* Back to the topic guys.. what was we saying...?Yeah, black anodising, shining just like silk stockings... ruff!
There I go again.. ;)

Back