Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

XTSTIMAN":145iev7y said:
Perhaps Pickles Saracen is a Tufftrax?

Here's a picture of my '97 Tufftrax.

Has a 26.4mm seatpost if that helps confirm!

Yes my 96 Terratrax was a 26.4.

The Purple '97 Protrax [?] is a 27.0

Does this mean anything to anyone?

Cheers,

Chaser.

Anyone got a 1994 catalogue? Know the 1991 and 1992 are on here, and thought all 90s were going up but no results in the search function on here?

otherself":2hvc0241 said:
coomber":2hvc0241 said:
Anyone got a 1994 catalogue? Know the 1991 and 1992 are on here, and thought all 90s were going up but no results in the search function on here?

You could PM neilll to see how he's getting on. On page 36 he says he has all cats from 1987 - 2008.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... &start=525

I've been in touch with neilll recently and he did indeed visit Saracen HQ a few months back and spent a couple of days scanning their entire catalogue collection.
He has been finding bits of his precious time to convert everything into PDFs to share with everyone at Retrobike.
I have it on good authority that he is now in the midst of the big final push and hopes to complete his scanathon soon.
Chapeau to him for undertaking this epic task for the good Retrobike and the good of all things Saracen.
I for one will happily be buying him a pint or two when I see him.

Good work that man. :D

I know Saracen finished their frames in the UK, would love to know if the used an external powdercoater to do do their frames, as the finish on the '92-98 frames is so stunning. :D

Probably did it in house :cry:

XTSTIMAN":1siuby16 said:
I know Saracen finished their frames in the UK, would love to know if the used an external powdercoater to do do their frames, as the finish on the '92-98 frames is so stunning. :D

Probably did it in house :cry:

The first UK bikes to be powder coated I believe. I would really like to see the 1990 catalogue.

Been quite a while since I've had a Saracen to mess about with but my girlfriends new bike turned up on Wednesday and it is completely original apart from the saddle, grips and pedals. Once cleaned and serviced the original Tioga Surefoot pedals will be going on though.

This really is like stepping back in time to a 1993 bike shop everything is in such good condition.
The tyres still have the little nobbles on them and even the cables are still all ok.

Just hope she likes riding it now :roll:

Sahara.jpg

Back