1994 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

beepbeep

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ok, purists look away now.....

For those of you left, here's my '94 Blizzard:

Bought as an old race bike, that had probably been sat outside for a good few years, so it had a few problems. The worst being a (very) stuck seatpost and seized cranks and BB. A few other components also went straight in the bin after I'd wrestled them off.

Since the frame is tatty and rusty (read: wonderful patina) I decided to build it back up as a street bike that I can lock up without attracting unwanted eyes. It's GREAT fun to ride! :twisted:

Here's fitting mobile-phone 'bikes you've seen' type image. I'll add some proper pics later if folk are interested :LOL:

Attachments

• 94blizsm.jpg
    94blizsm.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 6,258
i like the simplicity of that build.. :cool:
the straight bladed forks look good, but i reakon the disc tabs need to be removed.
and im sure riser bars and the short stem make it ride nicely but im a fan of straight bars and a slightly longer stem :)
Id really like a rocky project of my own but ive got too many bikes at the min.. (just like everyone else on here)
overall it looks very cool and i bet its fun to cruise around the town ? it looks like a kind of a retro hybrid mountain/jump bike.

tintin40":g1ubimnq said:
How about some colour pictures

I don't think there will be much difference other than the background being in colour. Bike will just be a slightly different shade of black and white :D

Raaaah!! You fucked up a classic racing machine!

:D

Too bad it's not original anymore, but this is a nice kind of bike. ;)

sorry, but being white and having "Rocky Mountain" and "Blizzard" would immediately attract me to it like a moth to a fire! :LOL:

RockiMtn":24mvl1hk said:
sorry, but being white and having "Rocky Mountain" and "Blizzard" would immediately attract me to it like a moth to a fire! :LOL:
But surely beepbeep has cleverly equipped it with a modern Kona fork knowing that no self-respecting thief would dare to be seen with such an abomination. I mean, *any* Kona fork on a Rocky Mountain is likely to provoke the wrath of the Gods, but a modern one?

Add in that it's size small, it has no gears, no front brake and a zero-effective-length stem and you have to be as brave as beepbeep to ride this, even though it's the coolest-looking thing on the street.

People seem to like the white Kilaueas, indeed I have one myself at the moment, but they don't look a patch on a white Blizzard with black decals.

Anthony":2p2yzlbj said:
RockiMtn":2p2yzlbj said:
But surely beepbeep has cleverly equipped it with a modern Kona fork knowing that no self-respecting thief would dare to be seen with such an abomination. I mean, *any* Kona fork on a Rocky Mountain is likely to provoke the wrath of the Gods, but a modern one?

Add in that it's size small, it has no gears, no front brake and a zero-effective-length stem and you have to be as brave as beepbeep to ride this, even though it's the coolest-looking thing on the street.

People seem to like the white Kilaueas, indeed I have one myself at the moment, but they don't look a patch on a white Blizzard with black decals.

bah, i had a set of P2s on my Blizzard for the longest of time. granted i didn't know it was a RM back then. :roll: but parts can be changed.

btw, you ever receive your package???

:D Thanks for all the compliments! I didn't think this would attract much attention (hence the quick photo)

I agree, it's a bit of a mess, but it's a 'spare parts box' build ;) I actually got the P2 forks thrown-in with a (full suspension :LOL: ) frame I've just bought.

Beta - don't worry, it was far from original when I bought it. The RM stem was the only thing left.

Here she is in glorious technicolor...

Attachments

• BLZ4.jpg
    BLZ4.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 6,086
  • BLZ3.jpg
    BLZ3.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 6,087
  • BLZ2.jpg
    BLZ2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 6,085
  • BLZ1.jpg