Dalby ride - Sunday 23rd May

chrisv40":24iafi7n said:
Russels is open Sunday Rich, was in there a couple of weeks ago ;)
superb. Wont be on the merlin this ride, aint had time to drop it off for parts. Will be on the jeff jones instead.

well boys i'm going down with something. had a few dizzy spells yearerday. today i can bearly hear, can't stand up without holding onto something, sore throat, runny nose.

if im like this sunday i wont be riding :evil:

my truck could be loaned if it helps getting bikes up there though.

Sorry to hear that Dave, I'm the same, been off work yesterday and today, shivering, no energy, wanting to sleep all the time :(

Three days to recover I suppose :roll:

i'm not as bad as you. really looking forward to it too.

mike might be coming if his new bike comes in tiome too :shock:

Eyes and nose running here, no fever yet. Hopefully just Hay Fever for me, though don't normally get it to bad.

Mind I'll hopefully get a helmet, but chances are I will not nor some comfy padded shorts.

you;ll all be alright,sundays ages away yet,get some sun and chocolate n youll be rite ;)

think we'll meet you all at either car park,not gonna make breaky at 9,may have a few more taging along as well :D

So whos meeting for breakfast and who's going straight to Dalby?

If 9.00 is too early I'm more than happy to make it later, assuming I'm feeling well enough to come?

breaky any later is lunch lol,dont worry about changing it dude,we;ll just meet you at dalby,pm me your phone number so i can try n ring when were nearly there :D

Forest is all bone dry and looks like it's staying that way over the whole weekend :)

Loads of options on the route, you can do as much or as little as you want and there's a nice tea stop right in the middle of the forest

First bit is always the worst as you need to climb to the top of the forest but once your up there you can stay on top or take in the riggs and dales

Cafe in the Visitor Centre does an excellent breakfast and will be open from 9am, if people don't have time to get down to Pickering

I'll aim to be in the Visitor Centre Cafe in Low Dalby from 9.30am onwards, its the big building at the end of the Car Park, don't forget it's £7 per car to get into the forest so makes sense to "car share" if it's an option.

There us very little phone signal in the forest so if you need to let people know if your late don't expect anything after Thornton le Dale/Pickering.

Purple Mountain in the forest is good for basic spares if you forget anything and I can probably loan a couple of helmets if need be, that ground is bl**dy hard at the moment

See you all Sunday :)

Back