My DMR Trailstar. You might not like this...

Ziggy

Senior Retro Guru
...but it's a lot of fun!

Bars fitted yesterday as I wanted to see what they'd be like - only had a quick go with them so far, but it's looking promising! :)

DSC_1735.jpg

DSC_1729.jpg

(& yes, the spacer has to go!)

Looks weird, but what is it like to ride? Do they improve on the risers you used to have on there??

Will have to give it ago next time I'm down Winchester way

Pfennig":2yvs19as said:
Looks weird, but what is it like to ride? Do they improve on the risers you used to have on there??

Weird! But I kinda like it... makes sense in theory - will just have to wait & see how I get on.

Will have to give it ago next time I'm down Winchester way

Indeed. It's rather different from your Kona! :LOL:

I always thought Trailstars were light jump bikes so I think the bars do look a tad odd on it. If they work for you though and the type of riding etc then that's all good.

Neil G":1qgykyjp said:
I always thought Trailstars were light jump bikes so I think the bars do look a tad odd on it. If they work for you though and the type of riding etc then that's all good.

I've not done any real jumping in the best part of 15 years - so I don't think I'll worry about that too much... But it does look a tad weird, I'll concede! :LOL:

It's just a fun bike for general playing around. I don't know how the bars will work out in terms of control in technical bits, but they certainly seem comfy.

orange71":1qgykyjp said:
Thumbs up from me :D

:) Didn't you try a Mary bar at one point? If so, how did you find it?

I did - it was OK, but I really miss bar ends, so sold it on (to Kaiser!). Nothing wrong the the bars themselves as such.

If you don't jump it and the bars are comfy then thats's spot on. Nice bikes Trailstars, wouldn;t mind one for hitting up trails on.

orange71":2hbsjyx5 said:
I did - it was OK, but I really miss bar ends, so sold it on (to Kaiser!). Nothing wrong the the bars themselves as such.

you did and then I got a set of luv handles too :) Marys will always look weird I think but apart from that its looking great :D

Back