Cool Wall -> Mountain Biking

Cool Wall -> Mountain Biking

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have tried twenty niner riding,it used to be called a hybrid (falls over laughing) I had a claud butler reynolds 531 frame with full campag and whilst it was a v.nice bike,it was a road bike with flat bars and slightly nobby tyres. ;) Bike design has moved but backwards as there are only so many types of bike.The hybrid of today is now the ""29er"" of today.Notice how it has less letters than Hybrid,another example of lazy language de-generation :!: In about 25 years we will just be grunting at each other (pretty much what hoody wearing chavs do now) :oops: to be human in the modern world. ;)

I have tried twenty niner riding,it used to be called a hybrid (falls over laughing) I had a claud butler reynolds 531 frame with full campag and whilst it was a v.nice bike,it was a road bike with flat bars and slightly nobby tyres. Wink

Maybe that would better suite your riding but personally for the riding and racing we have here, myself and a fair few other riders have found 29ers to be ideal. Mines faster than my 26" bikes where. But thats waayyyyyyy off topic. Your welcome to try it.

Average Mark":39xdxp7z said:
But these sub genres are all just riding your bike. The media invented the catch phrases to shift bikes, thats easy enough to figure. I remember the first time i saw the word freeride used, it was to describe the GT LTS DS range. Unfortunatly your seeing the next generation of riders that have been brought up and spoon fed these phrases just like we where the anodised parts and the magazine layouts. The people that ride bikes - ride bikes, thats pretty cool, the whole lifestyle thing of mountain biking? it's just marketing bull. I once heard mountain biking described as the new Golf, surely that has to be uncool?. And as for the 29er comments, don't knock it till you try it, they are the best tools for the job in places - bike design has moved on.

Mountainbiking the new golf....god I hope not!

marin man":yhezegi0 said:
I have tried twenty niner riding,it used to be called a hybrid (falls over laughing) I had a claud butler reynolds 531 frame with full campag and whilst it was a v.nice bike,it was a road bike with flat bars and slightly nobby tyres. ;) Bike design has moved but backwards as there are only so many types of bike.The hybrid of today is now the ""29er"" of today.Notice how it has less letters than Hybrid,another example of lazy language de-generation :!: In about 25 years we will just be grunting at each other (pretty much what hoody wearing chavs do now) :oops: to be human in the modern world. ;)

A 29er is not a hybrid :roll:

kaiser":7d0vxxq4 said:
marin man":7d0vxxq4 said:

Technically if you look up hybrid in the dictionary you will see that it means a cross between two or more things :!: So a 29er is a hybrid :roll: (between a mtb and a road bike) :roll: :roll:

marin man":3236td1m said:
kaiser":3236td1m said:
marin man":3236td1m said:

Can you tell me what the difference is then :?: 700cc wheels,flat bars=HYBRID=UNCOOL (Just marketed differently) :LOL: :LOL:

a hybrid is a cross between a old fashioned 650b wheel sized town bike and a road bike they added flat bars towards the end of the 90's and have a tyre size between 700x32 to 700x45 so not a 29er a 29er is a moutain bike with a moutain bike geometry fitted with 700c wheel and 700x2.1 to 700x2.4 which is a huge differance as on a hybrid you will be sat upright in a very relaxed riding position designed for road use with a 29er you'll be in a more off road postion over the bars so as to your last statment you are completely wrong take it from someone who was in the trade til last september you are completely and utterly wrong end of dont even try and argue with this one you are wrong ;)

mtb cool?

we all wanted to get off-road bitd. tinker with our shimano gs-range equipped bikes and get away from the cities in general.ahhh the sweet woodland scents, subtle nod of affiliation from passing cyclists...............
cool.

cycling off road is just better than on the road. Your out in the clean air with the lovely countryside all around.
Unlike road riding traffic, fumes etc etc

Mtbing is just better

Re: mtb cool?

marc two tone":paog73mk said:
we all wanted to get off-road bitd. tinker with our shimano gs-range equipped bikes and get away from the cities in general.ahhh the sweet woodland scents, subtle nod of affiliation from passing cyclists...............
cool.

Despite all the pathetic negativity to 'modern' cyclists, this is exactly what 1000's of people still want and, moreover, actually go out and do on a regular basis. The type/age of mountain bike they chose to do it on is irrelevant.

Why are people so uncomfortable with their chosen hobby/sport/exercise/mode of transport? If you don't think that something which makes you happy is 'cool' you should really consider what is your motive for doing it.

Back