1995 Scott Pro Racing

Looking Great already :cool:

I am thinking of having a set of DX cranks Anodised black soon, I may hold out and see how yours turn out before I do.

Cheers

Really liking this build, and looking forward to where it's going.

I've always been a bit of a Scott fan, so this might help me crack-on with one of mine... ;) :cool: :cool:

magas":1q4vqp4x said:
is that Tange tubes Scott are using for the Pro Racing ?
I don't think so - Scott in that years use Ritchey Tubes for racing series (92, 93 & 94 Pro Racings had Ritchey Prestige tubes), Tange Prestige last time was in 90, maybe 91 (I'm not sure)

Updated build progress

Bit of an update for all you Scott fans out there.
the build has stalled pending some flat bars , really wanted some silver control tech's but ive not been able to find any anywhere...anyway ive started adding a few more bits and a scattering of Ti bolts (seat binder & fork crown) and alloy bolts (bottle cages)

P1010216.jpg

The Powdercoated black cranks have come out really well , and the addition of a set of silver crank extractors finishes them off nicely..the old rings are on for now , would love to replace with some nice pace rings though (44/32t 5 hole 92mm BCD). just waiting for some nice alloy chainring bolts...but whats this - bosses for some sort of anti chainsuck device , has anyone out there ever seen one?

P1010218.jpg

These are the riding tyres , i have some greys that will be put on for the finished photos

P1010219.jpg

temporary bars will arrive in a few days , allowing most of build to be finished , im definately going for chrome decals - im just producing CAD files to send over to Gil to get them cut

personally think the retrobike decal on the top tube is too big and spidery , might design a new one

would love your opinions????

oh and by the way , the Achilles is nearly healed , can ride the road ok , just about ready to get back off road , timed it nicely

Re: Updated build progress

scrapper":1yi3zip9 said:
but whats this - bosses for some sort of anti chainsuck device , has anyone out there ever seen one?
exactly, mounted like this one
P2090603.JPG

BTW - dark grey Avid SD-Ti V-brakes could look nice with this frame/fork - XT's looks very fat & heavy ;)

Splitting this !!!

After a year or so of kicking the ass of my riding buddies on their FS and modern bikes, ive decided that the time is right to invest in something a little newer and leave them behind..

got a nice Carbon Scott scale coming soon

so ill be splitting this and posting the individual bits here, is anybody after anything desperately and wants dibs?

Back