Beyond G2b, Some one knows him?

madjh

98+ BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
:cool: Hello. First of all, sorry about my english. I´ll try to write correctly.

I come from other forum, foromtb.com. In that forum some one hear some thing about this frame. But no body see. I have only a photo of a part of the bike in an old mag.

Titanium, carbon, aluminiun... No It was made with berilium. And it was an special frame (only two units made?).

Have you got any information? and the most important ANY PICTURES?

Thank you.

I´m going mad with my english :oops: I´m sorry. But I will learn inglish in this forum ;)

I have some pics in a mag. Give me till the eveing when back at home and will scan. Was only one made I think. For a show in the states in 92ish. One of the most toxic / reactive materials around and cost a fortune to make. Was only done really to show it could be done and to keep american aerospace engineers in work after the end of the cold war.

:p Thank you, I will be waiting for that images.

One owner is in japan( all information have been taken from foromtb). The other frame Idon´t know were is it.

The Beryllium bike was made with Beryllium tubing (top, seat, down, seat stays, chain stays) bonded into aluminum lugs. The bike was developed with Electrofusion Corp. in Fremont California. Much of the labor was donated by the company since there was some spare time due to the decline in Cold War business for the company. Beryllium's atomic number is 4 just after Hydrogen, Helium and Lithium but the specific modulus (stiffness to density ratio) is seven times better than steel, titanium or aluminum, which are all essentially equal. The first frame was overbuilt and weighed 2.5 pounds. Of that, the Beryllium tubing was one pound (including one ounce chain stays), 1.25 pounds of aluminum lugs and 4 ounces of adhesive.

that's some statistics! :shock:

:shock: 2.5lb is not over built for a frame. Thats F**king light. I wonder what $26000 is in today prices?

tintin40":2i1l21tz said:
:shock: 2.5lb is not over built for a frame. Thats F**king light. I wonder what $26000 is in today prices?

Accounting for inflation, that'll be £19,000 in new money; assuming the exchange rate was the same back then.

Back