1995 Kona Explosif seatpost size.

Andy R

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Does anyone know whether the 1995 Columbus Max Explosif will take a 27.2mm seatpost? I'm currently using a 27.0 mm Thomson post but it is a very loose fit and it appears from my measurements that a 27.2mm post would just about go in.
Unfortunately I don't have one to try (without buying one...) so I just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience?

Cheers,

Andy.

27.0 is correct.

Mine currently takes a 27.0mm, but I used to have a 27.2mm in there.

Both fitted without issues.

Many thanks for that - I might try a 27.2mm at some time then, as the 27 is a bit to willing to creep down ...

BTW, I think my frame might be the one that you refered to as being sold on eBay - originally the same colour scheme as yours and 18" size. That's where I got it from anyway, with the intention of fitting a caliper mount and hose guides and removing the canti bosses (which I have now done).

It's a sort of "kacky" yellow now - I just primed it and sprayed it up with Montana rattle cans (Spanish, made for graffiti artists).
I (and a few others !!) seem to think it looks ok and it seems to take a few knocks and scrapes as well as anything else and cost next to nothing.

Currently I'm running 120mm Marzocchi Marathons (with ETA) and although you might think that it would slacken it out too much I find it all works well. Most fun I've had out of any of my bikes in a long time anyway.

Cheers,

Andy.

Latest posts

Back