My Handsome Dog hardtail - with Pace RC36 EVO (like a P7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0atee

Retro Newbie
P1000198.jpg

P1000193-1.jpg

P1000194-1.jpg

P1000196.jpg

P1000202.jpg
[/img]

Except it looks as though it might have been made a bit better than a P7, as most 1998 P7s don't have their plating in quite as good nick as that.

I have here the May 98 MBR with an ad for a Tange Handsome Dog with LX/RC36 for 925. It says Flite Ti saddle, Azonic ORC stem, Planet X post, Conti Pro Traction tyres, FSA headset, LX SPDs. Looks pretty original to me then. Have you ever ridden it?

Seriously though, I've never seen a test of the steel frame, but the Easton Elite version scored 5/5 from Total Bike at around that time, so for 189 vs P7 399 for the frame, the Handsome Dog looks quite a bargain.

OK! It's been ridden about 300 miles I'd say. I bought it after changing jobs and this plus family commitments meant that I didn't have much time...

I think All Terrain said it was a Coyote frame however someone else has since said Kinesis (or is this the newer frames).

Possibly thinking of selling it if anyone is interested ;)

Wow, unexpected surprise this. Looks really nice. Frame has nice slope on it.

Good quality tubes so sure that is a nice riding frame. Have you taken it for a long spin yourself yet?

Yaeh - had it since 1998 but not ridden it much over the years so as you can see it's almost as new!

It's a nicer ride than any Alu hardtail I've ridden and goes like stink.... :LOL:

BTW - it's a 17" frame and the seat is set perfect for me (5'9")

Maybe the top tube slope is exaggerated a little, as it isn't on level ground - the front wheel is slightly higher.

That's really trick that is. Gotta love those skinny racey-looking tubes and neat welds. I nearly bought one of these from All Terrain Cycles back in '99 for £199, but the guy on the line said they had sold out in my size and were very popular, and wouldn't be in stock for several months, so I looked elsewhere, eventually settling on a 5/5 rated Easton Elite alu frame from wollyhatshop for £159.

That's a fabulous looking steed.

I had a 1997 P7 (nickel) with Pace forks and, although I hate to admit it, your bike looks far better. It is truly stunning!

My wifes 92 Clockwork still looks good however it's never had a real thrashing!!

Does the nickel rub off the P7's then?

I get the feeling that the Handsome Dog is just polished steel... It does look good though.

I really am thinking of selling this steed. I see the forks and saddles selling regularly on ebay and their newer jump/dirt frames but not these. Can anyone give me an idea of how much it's worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back