My '98 Kona Muni Mula - Ride pics added !

I absolutely love this. Think you've done a great job and it will ride and look awesome.

Look forward to a fully complete picture. :)

BTW I am the sad brother of coomber who had his Muni Mula stolen. If you're ever in France and see a dodgy looking guy with one its probably mine.

Lovely bikes. Yours is making me miss mine again!

Thanks for the comment superstu :cool:

Just a quick update. Just fitted a SRAM 9 speed cassette, XTR M952 shifters and XTR M950 brake levers. Also changed the saddle to a Selle Italia XO.

Waiting for delivery of a NOS M952 front mech and some Kool Stop brake pads. XTR brake cables are also ready to be fitted when I get the time :roll:

The next big thing is the crankset. Just can't decide what to go with ! I'd like a really good XTR set but haven't seen any nice ones. I like the idea of Middleburn but my finances are under strain at the moment.

Pics to follow in the next few days :)

Steve,

Update !

Just a quick post with piccies to show progress with my Muni Mula.

XTR M951 v-brakes with M950 levers, XTR black cables & Kool Stop pads have been fitted. Seat swapped for a more up to date Selle Italia XO. Hope seatpost clamp & a SRAM 9 speed cassette added. M952 shifters attached & just awaiting the arrival of a M952 front mech now :cool: Oh & I also bunged on an old Lizard Skin chainstay protector for effect !

Hunting for an affordable crankset in the meantime :D

Some pics to be going on with........

P5240001.jpg

P5240002.jpg

P5240003.jpg

P5240004.jpg

P5240005.jpg

P5240006.jpg

P5240007.jpg

P5240009.jpg

That's it for now. Will try to finish this pretty soon (when finances allow). :roll:

Steve.

Superb polishing tips & skills.
I love the Tioga Factory XC tyres,they are one of my all time favorites.I had a set on my Giant Atx990 bitd.

Thanks chaps for the kind words, much appreciated :D

Fitted the NOS XTR front mech so getting to the end slowly but surely now. Just trying to sort out the crankset which is a little difficult due to a slight shortage of funds at the moment !

I always wanted to keep this bike as a simple build. Clean lines with a workman like but fairly good quality spec. I managed to pick up the pair of tyres, brand new, from a local guy for 14 quid. The rest has been ebay & these forums so a big thanks to those that helped :cool:

I still have a set of XTR M950 hubs which I will lace to a nice pair of rims in the future. Again, when finances allow ! That will be the very last bit of icing on this cake.

I always lusted over a bike like this years ago but could never afford stuff like XTR bitd. It's great to find a group of like minded people such as you lot to share all this with. There is too much pressure these days to buy the latest and most expensive piece of kit out there. Especially on this rock !

Will post again when something happens fellas & cheers for now.

Steve :D

Minor update !

Added the XT M739 crankset with KCNC black bolts, XTR front mech and Shimano DX pedals. Will have to come off again because i'm awaiting the arrival of a new bottom bracket. The current one fitted is a bit ropey :roll:

P6100111.jpg

P6100112.jpg

P6100113.jpg

Cheers folks, Steve.

Funnily enough, just after posting the above the postman delivered the last few bits :LOL: So for the rest of the afternoon i've been fitting and tweaking in the kitchen. So i'm glad to report that the Muni - Mula is complete :cool:

However, it's pi**ing down here so can't take any photos outdoors :roll: I will try to get the Kona out in the morning for piccies.

So hope you like the results boys and girls ?

Steve.

Back