2010 Cotic Soul .... Yet another orange one

Am I right in saying Cotic don't do a v-brake compatible frame? Love the look of that build, but as I'm not only a thumbie luddite but also a v-brake luddite, I'd need those bosses...

bertberr":1o47355c said:
Am I right in saying Cotic don't do a v-brake compatible frame? Love the look of that build, but as I'm not only a thumbie luddite but also a v-brake luddite, I'd need those bosses...

Not on any of the MTB frames they dont, Roadrat comes with V Brake mounts.

Carrotcake, lovely looking build, interesting choice of shifters though! If you are interested I would sell you a Easton EA70 mid rise riser bar for £20. The insurance company paid for a new bar on my Soul when I had a coming together with a car! It was changed as a precaution only and there is absolutely no signs of damage to it.

I run a Thomson 80mm stem on mine with an inline post. Did have a layback but found it a bit stretched, horses for courses I suppose.

Trevor.

Keep coming back to this thread to have a look..really like this build :D

I've got a feeling I might have to try one of these out at some point, I do like the fact you can run longer forks and a short stem for nice handling.

Neil G":2yg4r1xc said:
Keep coming back to this thread to have a look..really like this build :D

I've got a feeling I might have to try one of these out at some point, I do like the fact you can run longer forks and a short stem for nice handling.

Neil,

I am totally swung on mine now. Short stem, longer travel fork - its all been a bit of a revelation :oops: :LOL:

The handling is very quick and when ridden in anger the back end is very forgiving.

Might be considering a simple now :oops:

I'd really like a bike that inspires confidence going downhill, Am I right in thinking this bike does just that?

Thank you for the offer of bars Trevor. I'll stick with the current ones for time being as I seem to be getting on with them.
I've been out on the bike the last couple of nights. Tonight’s 'commute' from work turned into a 3hr off road excursion. The back end is a lot more complaint than my previous alloy retro steeds and I don't feel so beaten up after a few hours off road.
Neil - the short stem/long fork combination that seems to be the ethos of the design evokes confidence when riding downhill and tackling technical singletrack. The frame seems to balance being a good at the fore mentioned without feeling like a 'dead dog' at slow speed uphill or on the flat. It has all character and involvement of my retro bikes - but without the rough edges. But no so far as being a hydro formed, million pivot 6inch sofa that you sit on and irons out inept ability to ride.
Looking forward to summer trip to the Alps to see if it is outfaced by big stuff.

I ride a lot of BMX where you always run your bars inline with the forks so running short stems with a long TT seems to make sense control wise. TBH it's probably getting old and loosing bottle which has a lot to do with it but I'd definately like to try one of these out since they seem to get such good reviews/feedback :D

Back