andy hampstens Huffy

fritzlite":2a6vhap1 said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/photos/historic-pro-bike-andy-hampstens-1988-7-eleven-huffy-giro-ditalia

Great link. This correspondant (aka the Angry Asian in another life I believe) has done a couple of good retro themed pieces. Think he maybe registered here too.

Nice link John - and an interesting bike. I wonder who actually built it, I can't see Huffy doing it!

I've got a couple of those Avocet wheel sensor rings in my spares box.

Perhaps they'd like to buy one for an extortionate amount :twisted:

thanks for the heads up, great read.

edit : ned, the link is to the photos. If you click on the related article, it tells you about it, incl who built it. youre right it wasnt huffy - leave it to you to read

pigman":2hfap0p5 said:
thanks for the heads up, great read.

edit : ned, the link is to the photos. If you click on the related article, it tells you about it, incl who built it. youre right it wasnt huffy - leave it to you to read

Thanks for that, I'd not noticed the link back. Surprised to hear that a Serota frame failed but, as it says, it was probably a duff set of tubing. I recognise the Land Shark name but not sure if they're still building?

It's just the right size for me, do you think he'd swop it for one of mine? ;)

Credit to fritzlite for the original link.

Interesting regarding the serotta's failing. Not sure if 'land shark are still building'.

cheers john..
noticed a couple of old bike review articles on cyclingnews, think pantani`s Bianchi was on a few of months ago..(?)..(or wilier..)

Back