Another new one...

Vitorzip

Senior Retro Guru
Hello guys!

I´ve been riding MTB since early 90´s, when i first bought a Alpinestars Cromega XT, in ´91. Started racing in 94, both Xc and Dh.

Two weeks ago, a friend of mine gave me a box with old forks he had at home.
One of them was a ´95 (i think) Judy FSX, that look´s new.

I started searching for upgrade parts for the FSX, such as Englund air or Ti springs and i found this site. Since then, i´ve been here for hours reading everything, remembering lot´s of bikes and parts, some i still have.

Last week i went to my parent´s garage, where i have my oldies, and i found my ´94 Foes LTS, my 93 Gt RTS, my LTS DH, STS DH, STS Lobo DH, Marin Monocoque, and my Trek Y11. Also found Critical and Onza HO brakes, Caramba crank´s, Tune, Renthal, Middleburn and White industries parts, as well as 2 Pace RC35 forks.

I will post some pics here as soon as i can.

Some of the old frames have more recent parts (2000 or so), but after reading some things you passioned people(which i´m starting to get too) wrote , i´m gonna try to assemble them with those year´s parts.

I´m going to need your help to do so.

Congratulations to the site, thank you all. :)

Cheers

Vitor Rodrigues

welcome!!

Good find in your parents garage too. Mine all got chucked too :cry: whole bike went :evil:

Wow stage one and you are showing symptoms of stages two or three.
Remember to stay calm and dont mix Booz and The-Bay (final stage of three)!

Thank´s.

Most of the bikes and parts i owned, i had to sell them, so i could get a better DH rig or Xc light one. Altough, i managed to keep these ones, and today i´m glad i did.

I also found my ´94 Manitou DH, with EFC fork... :D :D but it´s stuck betwen old furniture, i´ll have to remove everything.

I have pics of some parts i´ve found. Only the Foes and the RTS are complete, but still have much work to do.

crt047ly2.jpg

crt048ax5.jpg

crt049cg3.jpg

crt050ey8.jpg

crt051cb0.jpg

crt054nk8.jpg

crt058cc3.jpg

Later i´ll post pics of my RTS, STS DH and Manitou DH.

Cheers. :mrgreen: ;)

I´m going to start with my RTS-1. The frame is from late ´92, i think it was 93 model, with cromoly swingarm.

I was thinking of keep the M900 XTR the bike has, but change the crankset for the Caramba´s i have, posted above.

Can anyone tell me when they started to be produced? Does it match the bike´s year?

I really can´t remember when i got them, so it would help a lot.

Thank´s.

Cheers. ;)

Thats a serious amount of garage treasure you have found there! Your garage must be an aladins cave of retro goodness. All i found in my garage was a pair of STX canti's and some slightly rusty project 2's!

Don't suppose you feel like parting with any of the bits? Would love the AC chain guide and chainring from the LTS....

Vitorzip":323p5dpq said:
I´m going to start with my RTS-1. The frame is from late ´92, i think it was 93 model, with cromoly swingarm.

I was thinking of keep the M900 XTR the bike has, but change the crankset for the Caramba´s i have, posted above.

Can anyone tell me when they started to be produced? Does it match the bike´s year?

I really can´t remember when i got them, so it would help a lot.

Thank´s.

Cheers. ;)

The M900 started in 1992 till 1995. In 1995 They had for one year the modified parts: M910 (shifters with optical gear display, improved rear mech, parallax hubs and silver seatpost)
The next group in 1996 the M950 came (like the shifters you have) later changed in M952 (9 speed)
Sniperworks Shimano Group overview

Youre parent must have a huge garage.

Back