Help - Shipping To Australia (PLEASE MOVE IF WRONG PLACE)

wired99

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi Guys

Anyone ever shipped a frame from UK to Australia? Any idea what sort of cost, and who to use?

Any info appreciated,
Cheers

Re: Help - Shipping To Australia (PLEASE MOVE IF WRONG PLACE

wired99 said:
Hi Guys

Anyone ever shipped a frame from UK to Australia? Any idea what sort of cost, and who to use?

Any info appreciated,
Cheers

I've shipped frames/wheels over to Oz and the cheapest you'll prob imhop find is via Interparcel.com - they have accounts with all major shippers and then pass on the discounted rate, which depends more on the size than actual weight so you're prob talking about £90 being the cheapest, more likely about £110 depending how good you are at minimal but sturdy packing!

frames

I shipped a frame in a frame box back to Aus late last year using Parcel Force and it was £72 for a 7 to 10 day delivery. Worked fine with no problems at all.

Jamie

The thing to remember for shipping by air is that price is based on volume, not just weight - so being able to get the bike into smallest box possible without compromising protection is the trick. I generally use DHL - if you use one of the online bookers, you'll save on the standard price - I sent a bike to Taiwan and it was delivered 2 days later - online tracking too. I wouldn't use Parcelforce - stuff disappears into the ether never to be seen again.

Send it to a pal in Germany then get them to forward it on. A DHL packet only costs 40 Euro from Germany to Australia whereas from the UK it is £76 from DHL directly for a similar 5kg frame sized package!
http://www.p4d.co.uk/p4d/process.php do a DHL service for £69 with 2-5 day transit.
Parcel2go via Fedex is virtually the same price.
I'm basing the prices on 90x45x15 dimensions. If you removed the forks then you'll get the box a lot smaller & thus cheaper price..

Back