Ken Bird - What to Do??

Thanks for all the reply's. I'm going to try and stick with the red (brownie red) for now. Black bar tape ordered and an old Flite Ti dug out to go on.

I've added a pic of the left crank, it has Stronglight or similar stamped on if you cant read it.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 2,682
I reckon with a good polish, some plain bar tape and a more neutral coloured saddle to match, you'll change the look of the whole bike - little things will make a massive difference. Could even get some coloured tyres on it if you fancy.

I'll admit, I had a much easier choice to repaint my Argos as the paint was knackered to start with, but (and I might get flamed for heresy here), it's your bike and if you want it a different colour...

I'm no authority, but I don't remember seeing a Ken Bird in anything but white or blue during the 70's or 80's and racing in Kent then I saw a lot of them. I'd be interested to hear other people's views. Nice to see this one anyway, whatever colour it is now. Modolo had a pretty good reputation as I recall.

Thanks for the replies. Black bar tape and saddle going on this aft. One last thing, Pedals? Don't really want to go clipless, but any thoughts on nice chrome pedals that will take toe clips if i desire??

If you're going new, some form of MKS Sylvan? A few variations on the theme (Track, Stream etc) but they're all about GBP20 a set.

Latest posts

Back