10 under the Ben official aftermath thread.

Us members of the Vet classified Quad team have a lot to improve on for next year. At least 6 Vet teams were faster and better than us by a long way :oops: :LOL:

Definitely up for more enduro stuff now and looking forward to soloing at Strathpuffer Lite as I can devise my own race strategy........aye right :LOL:

I don't have those powers Gaz.

Velo we can improve or we can wallow in our apathy :) - I like the enduro format because we can all have a bit of a laugh, It is certainly a good way to attract newbies to the macretro fold - as long as their is always a "bit of a laugh" team I'll be happy.

...but you have obviously garnered those dangerous traits of ambition, competitiveness and a will to crush all other 60 year olds in your path! Go forth Grim Reaper and reap your single rigid speed all over their wrinkly asses. :) (this is tongue in cheek by the way)

here is the start of the write up...

10 Under the Ben 2010 – Macretro Main Event #2

A decent turnout for Mactretro – We put up 3 teams: a duo and 2 Quads but the demise of JamieDyers Van meant one Quad became a trio.

Team Duo:
Kaiser
ClockworkGaz

Team Trio
Zigzag
Jimi Hendrix
Radoslaw

Team Quad
Velo
Robmac
Mr Panda
The Ken

Support squad:
Dyna Ti - camp management
Big Eck - mechanic and downhill track assessment.

Most of us set up camp early on Friday evening and headed of up the Aonach Mor gondola for our free meal and free very small malt whisky.
On return the other happy campers had arrived, We had a beer or 2 whilst chatting out in the drizzle taking turns not to out wheelie Eck on his monster San Andreas. Someone had to lift me up to get on it. :LOL:

We eventually decided at around 11.30 to head off for a decent kip before our dawn rise. Unfortunately it was Dawn that kept us awake, her and her mates in a close by tent had loud discussions about what they saw after they had used the portaloo, and then to make sure we stayed awake started to dare each other to run around the campsite naked. Unfortunately it started raining so they were put off. We finally got to sleep about 1.30, although Kaiser and Dyna lasted longer because of the symphony of snoring that ensued.

7.00 Wakey Wakey hands off Snakey! – time to get up…… slowly - we were very tired, the noise of the rain and the freezing temperatures had meant a few of us didn’t get much sleep. New snow on the hill and the apparent reduction in the number of hands snakey needs confirmed how cold it had been.
By time we had got down to the race start and set up a base camp the sun was out and Gaz and Jimi had arrived from their duck down heavens looking fresh as daises, I duly shook their hands.

Kaiser, Zigzag and Velo as team captains and less bandy legs decided they were the ones to do the le-mans type sprint start, the rest of us thought that was fine as we all hate running…. Then we found out the first lap was a ¼ shorter than the rest. Lucky gits.

The sun didn’t last long, Gaz is up next to describe the tarpaulin of doom…

zigzag":3d76dd9w said:
I've been looking at the results and thinking, 'why didn't I force myself to do another lap?' - even if it took 1h30, we'd have place 48th. I think I'm in danger of taking this a bit too seriously :roll:

I was thinking i could have done two laps instead of just one, that'd have given us eight laps but it would'nt have, would just have meant you or Rado doing two instead of three as there still would have only been time for seven.

Thats a great look for Kaiser :LOL: , you should be his style guru Ken :D

jimihendrix":20khrqd9 said:
zigzag":20khrqd9 said:
I've been looking at the results and thinking, 'why didn't I force myself to do another lap?' - even if it took 1h30, we'd have place 48th. I think I'm in danger of taking this a bit too seriously :roll:

I was thinking i could have done two laps instead of just one, that'd have given us eight laps but it would'nt have, would just have meant you or Rado doing two instead of three as there still would have only been time for seven.
Would we no have had time for the extra lap?

Race started at 9:30, our 7 laps took 8h47, so that puts us at 6:17, so enough time to complete, ie. We would have started our last lap before 7:30 and completed it before 8:30. I *think* that's how the last lap rules worked?

yeah there was time, I kind of feel bad that I did not do another but I would have really done my back in and prob left me thinking the day was less fun than it was- the banter at the end was soooooo fecking funny BTW has rob finished his lap yet?

Back