dp fire bird

dam that looks sweet - love the colour - it just reminds me of looking at a super car - power and grace all in one and not to be touch with dirty fingers :LOL:

top work there :cool:

BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN":2ns7rbvb said:
dam that looks sweet - love the colour - it just reminds me of looking at a super car - power and grace all in one and not to be touch with dirty fingers :LOL:

top work there :cool:

cheers dude :D i'm still riding it though :cool:

ED209":1ty6rmku said:
finished mine

got the best colour I could - a pewter powder... not exactly like the original but different enough to make it special :)

I'm a happy man :D

d.jpg

Thats a beautiful thing Ed :cool:

I just got my hands on this:

GLPLUSNOS.jpg

NOS GL Plus in Flouro Pink just like I used to have BITD.

Gonna be a long term project as i have other things on the go but the hunt is on for parts ;)

Anyone got any ladder bars spare? LOL

sweet

oh yes... thats the bollox :)

Just like I used to have BITD

15441_1249129075902_1459731745_7064.jpg

you'll be lucky to find some pink ladders dude! you can get a spot on repro decal set from my man Steve @ http://www.dpfirebird.co.uk - thats a wicked site as well for all things dp - loads of pics of resto bikes and old school dp owners :cool:

Yeah, it was steve who put me in touch with the seller of the above F&F's and I'm in touch regarding decals as we speak ;)

I had a pair of pink ladder bars bitd aswell. I had my old frame resprayed blue and then sold it to a local kid in late 80's for 50 quid, including the bars!!!!!

The hunt is on to track it back down, I'm hoping its in someones shed/garage not 200metres from where I used to live ready to be liberated ;)

Well, I can dream can't I LOL :LOL:

BITD

I let mine go complete at its peak for £125 - then brought it back 4 years later when it ha dbeen RAPED :shock: - resprayed with ALL THE PARTS STILL ON...FFS! - got it all sorted then took it to uni with me where is was stolen within 2 weeks.... gutted.

Living the dream again now though!

good luck on the build - if you find 1 original DP stunt peg and you need another then give me a shout... as I have one that needs a partner :)

Re: BITD

ED209":1jlinrjb said:
I let mine go complete at its peak for £125 - then brought it back 4 years later when it ha dbeen RAPED :shock: - resprayed with ALL THE PARTS STILL ON...FFS! - got it all sorted then took it to uni with me where is was stolen within 2 weeks.... gutted.

:cry: That's harsh.
The pewter one looks great, though.

My Bike

83 Firebird freestyler, haro vectors tech3's and mx900 dia compes and cables. skyway tuff2's with a foctory coaster, trolex seat, sr clamp, tuff neck powerdisc and chainring, surgino sealed bb, takagi one piece crank mks graphite pedals. whitewalls. dont know whether to sell it or restore it. Really go my mind set on getting a klein Mantra..!!

Back