Raleigh Dynatech

Paulupnorth

Retro Newbie
I have just decided to start riding again and have got my Raleigh Dynatech out of the cupboard, the only thing is ive put on 4 stone now so it feels a little small and gives me back ache. The bike is one of Adrain TIMMIS's old team bikes, Frame XMT 100 in blue and luminous green/yellow, its a cracking bike and is full XTR, The only thing that i changed were the Bontrager rims which wore thin. I bought the bike back in about 1992, it still feels cracking to ride, i was thinking of selling the bike, but since seeing this site, ive decided to keep it now, i didnt realise there was such a following for these cracking bikes, Il post a pic on here sometime. Does anyone know of the maximum size seatpost you can get? also what are the best handle bars to get to raise the height, to aid my back. I seem to be leaning to far forward, and it kills!! it has X-Lite straight bars at the moment.

Cheers Paul

Welcome

Welcome! I remember those bikes. A couple of years later (93ish) we (University team) were looking forward to cleaning up at local race when who should turn up but Timmis, Hinton etc and whooped our sorry asses!! I seem to remember Paul H using tri-bars! Since that day I have a good recollection of the rapidly disappearing Dynatech rear end!!

Longest standard seat posts are 400mm, you can get hi-rise stems (45 deg) and riser handlebars which will lift up the front end.

I tend to use a lot of that sort of stuff as I am quite tall and it also stops me getting backache.

Slightly off-topic but similar names...

Does anyone remember Sally Timms?

She was absolutely stunning I recall...!

Anyway I digress, welcome!

Would be great to see some pics - was only today reading the article on Baker's old Dynatech in an ancient MBUK... Very cool bike!

Sally Timmis and the Raleigh team ... that was a story in itself, and which should probably not be told in a public forum.

So I won't.

Back