10 under the Ben official aftermath thread.

Had a good laugh from some of the pictures :D Dirty and muddy cracking day. Big thanks to all of you guys for great fun.

kaiser":23bt6cc4 said:
Some of the suspects

4611599968_cb76e6ddea.jpg
4610993017_ce42f7a4b9.jpg
4611599560_06154be930.jpg

4611600356_909afcdf2a.jpg

how much fun will zz have with Photoshop- this comedy gold and no mistakin!

My small camera cant handle moving objects due to lack of shutter speeds but i did get a couple :D

Attachments

• The theory is a picture speaks a thousand words .RobMac puts theory into practise.jpg
    The theory is a picture speaks a thousand words .RobMac puts theory into practise.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 829
clockworkgazz":3ltdst5o said:
how much fun will zz have with Photoshop- this comedy gold and no mistakin!
Filed for later... well apart from that one of me :oops: Still expecting a few more beezers to add to the collection too.

Just finished cleaning the bike:

DSC_2682.JPG

What a great day! Plenty of banter and the comedy moments were mostly off bike for a change. We even foiled the weather with the shonky MacRetro 'gazebo of love'. Ultimately enjoyed the riding, although I was pretty dubious about the course after the short first lap. Still too much fireroad for me though, sitting down and grinding on laps 2 & 3 just killed my back. Really pleased with the bike and tyres though, the 29'er was great on the couple of long downhills, just spun it up and away it went.

Jamie, hope the car is sorted now - you're trio put on a pretty good show.

Some superb pics :D If only I could have captured the sound of triphonic snoring :LOL:

Roll on Strathpuffer lite :D

Did I mention yesterday that I hate tree roots* :evil: which for a former arborist's an odd thing. (* - especially muddy tree roots on steep ground)

Might do this again, in which case will get used to that sort of terrain better first.

Breakfast in Fort Bill today with the remaining MacRetros and then a gentle roady route up Glen Nevis and back - proper Scottish Surfacing - Tar MacCadam :LOL: Ye Canny Whack It :D

Also picked up a leaflet with some very interesting MTB routes on it - one a Big Country Exploit of 65km - will explore further.

Pics.....................

Cloudburst at dawn
DSCF2284.jpg

Early morning "Jacket most likely to get you Lifted" Competition kicks off in TK's tent
DSCF2285.jpg

Happy smiling people
DSCF2287.jpg

....and Velo :oops: (more of 'im later)
DSCF2288.jpg

DSCF2289.jpg

DSCF2290.jpg

event starting area
DSCF2292.jpg

DSCF2294.jpg

DSCF2293.jpg

DSCF2300.jpg

DSCF2299.jpg

DSCF2298.jpg

DSCF2297.jpg

DSCF2302.jpg

DSCF2301.jpg

Campsite - The Ben towering over
DSCF2309.jpg

Fashion Police take quick snack break........
DSCF2304.jpg

.....but is it going to be Beef & Tomato Pot Noodle or the healthy Veg pasta Option?
DSCF2305.jpg

Who needs Red Bull when you've just built a bike like this :twisted:
DSCF2303.jpg

random watersplashes........
DSCF2314.jpg

DSCF2313.jpg

DSCF2312.jpg

DSCF2311.jpg

And finally, more Bike Baptists, unwilling to wait 50minutes in the bike wash queue, take to the river
DSCF2315.jpg

....and if only my camera battery hadn't packed in - I'd have a crackin' photo of random girl taking a header into that river, not especially deep but it was funny :LOL:

tree roots are crap by the way :D

looked top fun guys
wish i could have been there

love the pic of jimmyh getting his stickers

" waaat isat it , a dinnae want these ,aww that and ye gee me some poxy stickers ......"

mikee":3fiyyue2 said:
looked top fun guys
wish i could have been there

love the pic of jimmyh getting his stickers

" waaat isat it , a dinnae want these ,aww that and ye gee me some poxy stickers ......"

Close, i had just said "i'm no dain any o that kneeling shite just gie me ma frikin stickers" :LOL:

We all got a minature malt whiskey which was cool, also endless free cans of Red Bull from some fit lassies :cool:

Lovin the pics, looks like you all had a blast.
Meanwhile I pootled aboot the garden an had long comfy lie-ins.

Looks like serious fun was had by all.
Nice. :cool:

Back