Dalby ride - Sunday 23rd May

D_XZ":ipgc9jsm said:
Hi Guys

Been redirected here from the North Yorks area! Is the route decided? What kind of length/difficulty is this ride likely to be?

I'm undecided between this and the doing a fun entry on the Nutcracker race at Richmond the same weekend. Basically whichever looks easiest as I have no fitness or leg muscle yet! This would be my return to biking ride so I'm expecting to be embarrasingly rubbish!

What bike would be best for this? I have a choice of relaxed 100mm full sus(2003ish), racy hardtail (circa 2000) or retro GT (1992)rigid/maybe sus forks.

Cheers
Route length will depend on what is decided on the day, if Gil is leading we will be privvy to the best stuff Dalby has to offer, he knows Dalby like the back of his hand.

Routes can always be altered to suit the riders on the ride & the full red is approx 24 miles.

I prefer a full suss round Dalby due to a bad back, it is rideable on any of your bikes though, I'd probably go for the susser (depending on what you mean by relaxed if it's a burly DH monster then no) as there are plenty of fun bits in Dalby & it will offer a comfier ride

My bike choices are '07 140mm Orange 5, '10 100mm Cube AMS Pro full suss & '98 100mm Orange Clockwork all of which are rideable @ Dalby.

You know you wanna come!

Cant beat a Retrobike ride for a great ride ;)

No reason why I shouldnt be there at the moment. Will be bringing the Sex Three.

Andy - bring the Cube - as you know I was hankering after one in the shop ;)

Antiquekona":3igg89a7 said:
Andy - bring the Cube - as you know I was hankering after one in the shop ;)
it is on the list of bikes to bring ;)

How's that wheel doing?

If you are unfit then definately come. Its great to have some company at the back me the group.

Really , don't worry about fitness. Yes its a ride but its also a social occasion. I am usually last up the hills, last down the hills and last on the flats too. Nobody has ever made it to be a problem!

I'm not sure what i'm riding yet. I think my most suitable bike is my inbred but i'm trying to keep it retro. So either 93 khs montana pro singlespeed or rigid saracen

i plan on drinkin and smoking sat pm so dont worry about being slow,youll have to drag me around lol

Dave I really would bring something with gears if I was you ;)

Everyone know where Russels is in Pickering?

I'll be nursing a hang over too! We'll be at yours sat night longy.

Other chris- andy said i'd be ok s.s. Khs still has mechs so might just bang some air in the fork and sort the brakes

Back