I know it's not old school but i need some help.

Re: creaks and groans..

speedplay":25cm8c76 said:
I had a mongoose a few years ago that needed the bottom bracket ripped out and re-greasing on the threads every month or so to stop the creaking....even when it was new and it was a new bb....strange. :roll:
God I would cry my eye's out if I had to do that I all the time :? :shock:

Send us some mud.

letmetalktomark":1mspgatb said:
I usually find if its too clean it creaks!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe Somerset mud is therapeutic for bikes!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D
Could you send me a bit of that mud please London muds crap.

Brilliant.

BoyBurning":2kcfjpxd said:
I think I may have found the source of your problem...
That made my day laughed my ass off :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: now i have a picture of the little bugger it's curtains for him............thanks

the B/B is brand new so def not that and so are the bushings and the cranks are only 4mnths old.

Newness doesn't mean creak-free! New things can be unlubricated or poorly adjusted just as much as old things.

My 5p's worth? Check the saddle bolt.

i would say strip the rear end, as the risse rear end is designed to be stripped, i work on and have owned downhill bikes for near 5 years, it'll be pivots bushings or bearings, i believe the risse rear end is bearings so its a case of tap em out replace them. Shocks and shock bolts wont ever creak from experience.

Hope this helps and its definately an awesome rig, looks to be have fitted with a longer rear shock, this could be putting more stress on the pivots?

Did not even think of that

terryhfs":17ljr0x9 said:
the B/B is brand new so def not that and so are the bushings and the cranks are only 4mnths old.

Newness doesn't mean creak-free! New things can be unlubricated or poorly adjusted just as much as old things.

My 5p's worth? Check the saddle bolt.
Did not even think of that when everything is new or vertually new you sort of think well it deffo can't be that thanks....

Thanks so much

dmrbikerboy":2fdc3ia0 said:
i would say strip the rear end, as the risse rear end is designed to be stripped, i work on and have owned downhill bikes for near 5 years, it'll be pivots bushings or bearings, i believe the risse rear end is bearings so its a case of tap em out replace them. Shocks and shock bolts wont ever creak from experience.

Hope this helps and its definately an awesome rig, looks to be have fitted with a longer rear shock, this could be putting more stress on the pivots?
Thanks for the great help i have a load of info now due to the great response by all the TRUE MOUNTAIN BIKERS on RetroBike you guys kick ass.

Back