Pace RC300

Just came in from a nice bike ride, and thought I'd prove that as well as owning a Pace, I occasionally ride one too :oops: ;)
Apologies in advance to JeRkY for taunting him again... :LOL:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Nice and tidy.

Your forks are correctly stickered RC38 Airforce 2s. There was a hollowform version of Airforce 2s as well, should have been called Airforce 3s! You can see another set on my Pace thread somehwere around here (RC200f:cool:.

Don't know why you had probs with the Alien and a flite... bit of a marmite post I think. Folk either get Aliens or don't. Cyclops bolt is easier and simpler, if using the 2 bolt version I found zip ties a help getting everything in place before the bolts had to be nipped up.

Sweet bike.

Any idea what the carbon seat tube achives? Is it for weight, dampening, any idea how the ride differs from the RC200's?

Very nice bike though. I've kind of promised myself another Pace at some point.

Is is just me or does the seatpost look bent?

Not keen on the single chainring but the rest of it rocks.

Reeeeeally like this...

I should've bought a Pace when I had the means (15 years ago)...

Looks stunning mate :cool:

Looks like I'm overdue a response! ;) Thanks for all the kind words. :D
Radar":2hyzymk1 said:
Your forks are correctly stickered RC38 Airforce 2s. There was a hollowform version of Airforce 2s as well, should have been called Airforce 3s! You can see another set on my Pace thread somehwere around here (RC200f:cool:.
Don't know why you had probs with the Alien and a flite... bit of a marmite post I think. Folk either get Aliens or don't. Cyclops bolt is easier and simpler, if using the 2 bolt version I found zip ties a help getting everything in place before the bolts had to be nipped up.
Thanks for the info. :D As for the Alien, it needs a new clamp, the bolt heads have rounded so you can't tension it enough.
Ally":2hyzymk1 said:
Sweet bike.

Any idea what the carbon seat tube achives? Is it for weight, dampening, any idea how the ride differs from the RC200's?

Very nice bike though. I've kind of promised myself another Pace at some point.
I've never ridden another Pace, but I was surprised how comfortable this is. I'd heard Pace are quite harsh to ride, but this is as comfortable as my ti bikes! It's lighter than an rc200 F8 too. :cool:
dbmtb":2hyzymk1 said:
Is is just me or does the seatpost look bent?
Yep, guilty :oops: I only weigh 65kg though, shouldn't get any worse. :?
wadsy":2hyzymk1 said:
Nice one :cool: How's the CATS coming along? ;)
Cheers. :cool: The Lloyd is still waiting on the forks being built. All the parts I'd bought for it went on the Blizzard, so I'm not altogether sure what it'll have on it, but I'm looking forward to getting started.

Back