wadsy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Sometime last year a mate said he'd like to buy my Superlight that I'd had from new (I bought the frame new in Canada)

So I stripped it down and got it good as new, we went for a test ride and he liked it :) Now a familiar problem; funds. I said I'd hold it for him and not ride it, so it was ready when he was. I contacted him this year to see if he was any nearer; he said I should sell it as there was no way he could see getting the money - ho hum.

My original Superlight...

Superlight007.jpg

So I broke it and sold off most of the parts; Chris on here was the lucky recipient of the frame ;)

And then, shortly after selling-off, said mate asks if the bike is available as he's coming into a bit of money :shock: :roll:

Now here's the spooky bit ;) - I'd just done a deal on another Superlight against my Hei Hei frame I was selling :shock:

The 'new' Superlight as I received from 'hotbuns' the frame was in lovely condition :D....

028.jpg

So, I told him (my mate) the bad then good news and set to work prepping the newly acquired Superlight for him :LOL:

Again, total strip down and rebuild. Shocks sorted by the respective Tims: Tim justbackdated (Fork English) the forks and TF Tuned the rear shock.

The Pace steerer stem was swapped out so different stems/bars could be used to get a good fit. The Duo chainset was swapped for an XT Hollow tech triple, new brake pads fitted, new (more suitable) tyres and wheels sourced. Oh and a more comfy saddle for him ;) etc.

So, it's now ready to rock :D and very nice it is too ;) ....

BsBike001.jpg

BsBike002.jpg

BsBike004.jpg

BsBike010.jpg

BsBike003.jpg

BsBike006.jpg

BsBike009.jpg

BsBike007.jpg

BsBike008.jpg

Cheers
wad

fingers":4kox9vmb said:
That is lovely... Always been a fan of the Heckler design.

What size is the 'new' one??

Cheers :)

It's a large.

re:

had one as the grey one, superb mine had a 100mm fork that kind of spoiled the ride together with a to long stem, and I kind of didn´t get that at the time, had been away from mountainbiking a couple of years and couldn´t figure out what made it feel strange. Wish I hadn´t sold mine they´re light, good looking and fast as a xc fs.

Nice looking frames, I've got one but am struggling to get the ride to feel ok, currently far too upright which I think must be because the marzocchi fork is quite tall. Looking at the angle of that kore stem and the rise of the those bars the pace forks must sit alot lower, was going to put a longer stem on mine but maybe what it actually needs is forks with less travel.....

Anyone got one of these and think they have the set up bang on ??

main.php

Hi, just joined the forum as I was admiring the 'new' superlight. I was wondering if you knew the year of manufacture for that model? I recently acquired the same frame and have just finished building it. Will post pics soon. Thanks

mininick":1m87qemn said:
Hi, just joined the forum as I was admiring the 'new' superlight. I was wondering if you knew the year of manufacture for that model? I recently acquired the same frame and have just finished building it. Will post pics soon. Thanks

I'm not sure what year they stopped fitting the canti bosses and went disc-only - It could be up to '06 :?

Cheers

Back