2001 KLEIN ATTITUDE (17.8lbs) mars cl and kcnc nokon (scales

weight

• under 19lbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • over 19lbs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Loving the Klein, and I know what it feels like to build a weight weenie bike!

It should be relatively easy to get yours down to sub 18 with a change of the parts from your spec list (Pedals, Stem, Wheels, Saddle, Post, Seat Clamp, Grips, Forks, Shifters are the ones that stand out on first look)

Check out the Litespeed in my signature, with a few updates since the pic was taken it is now down to just under 17.95 Ibs

klein

Thanks,I had a look at your ti machine the other day and it is sweeeeeet :D
I am going to change some items from my spec list as time goes by but probably not my wheels as I built them to my own spec a while ago and am quite fond of them (they weigh a little bit less than crossmax sl's :!: which I think is v.light)besides I have to be able to use them as well and I weigh 1_ stone :LOL: :LOL: But pedals and stem etc.I will replace to get about 18lbs (just to prove that it can be done). ;)Can you get lighter forks than the carbon white brothers :?: When I cut the steerer down they will weigh less than a cloud :D and they float ;)

fork

Pro has some sun 600grams fork out, and I think some other company is building really lightweight stuff now. But to light forks, not a good idea if ridden hard! I always felt a bit unsecure while riding my noname ritchey/ token lookalike (ritchey fork is also lighter).

I would say ditch the front mech, and get a 39t bigring and a mrp or e13 chaindevice that will put u down a couple of grams. I´m riding with 11-34cassette and a 39t works pretty well.

nice looking bike overall, not liking the skinny tires, it´s a mountainbike

I do weigh 14.5 stone so lighter forks will break methinks :oops:
I am going to run a full compliment,but I may ditch the granny ring as there are no big hills near me ;)
As for skinny tyres,I have those not only for weight but because I quite like the maxis slick tyres and I am contemplating the dunwich ride which is over 100 miles in the dark and all on the road :!: and the extra drag of all that tread will probably kill me :LOL: :LOL:

re:

allright, ah well this will be a great bike, u should be able to drop some serious weight on it. but it will probarly cost u half your jag...

it´s not worth it, lightweight stuff is rubbish, don´t use it on my bikes anymore. went for a steel frame to, and I´m sub 70kg

Re: re:

captain8track":2dwygnny said:
allright, ah well this will be a great bike, u should be able to drop some serious weight on it. but it will probarly cost u half your jag...

it´s not worth it, lightweight stuff is rubbish,

I agree if you continue kiss good bye to ££££ BUT i think 'poorly' made light weight stuff is rubbish.
Light can be well made it's just harder to find. And you may buy the rubbish before you find the good. Such is life :roll:

A couple of updates; I have changed my saddle to an fsa red white and blue with hollow chromo rails,this has saved me 63 grams (just over two ounces) :!: :!: and I am hoping on getting my hands on an fsa carbon 100mm o.s stem that weighs 115 grams this should save me an ounce as well also have found a lighter chain;kmc ti 9sl at 238 grams when shortened! This saves me another ounce:D On my spreadsheet I should now be well under........18lbs :cool: :cool: someone might owe me BEER(you know who you are ;) )

Nice bike, love this colour, cannot personal get excited by shaving ounces off here and there, but good job all the same?!

The weight was not originally much of an issue but I had a few p.ms saying it could not be done so I thought o.k we will see ;) and hey presto I think I have done it :shock: :D

New pics,and nearly finished!
More carbon than you can shake a stick at :cool: :cool:
I have fitted today;
fsa team issue carbon chainset
fsa seat (186grams)
fsa carbon fronted stem(with titanium bolts 112grams)
avid juicy carbon disc brakes(almost all titanium hardware)
I am just waiting for my titanium nitride gold kmc superlight chain. :roll:
and some lovely carbon jockey wheels
and some gold kcnc bolts
and some titec carbon bar ends
and some other titanium bolts
and maybe when I save up enough money a ritchey wcs carbon seatpost :D and that should do me :D

Attachments

• P1000758.JPG
    P1000758.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,977
  • P1000760.JPG
    P1000760.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 1,977
  • P1000759.JPG
    P1000759.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,977
  • P1000765.JPG
    P1000765.JPG