1993 trek 9000 nearly finished !!!!

re:

remember when I was 9years old and my dad drove me to my first mountainbike training in 1991 there was a junior racer riding one of theese but it was black with an fluroscent orange swingarm. He was really fast, and what of I can remember it had a rockshox fork with trek branding of some sort. It was a dream bike, something you saw in magazines!

Man I miss that bike now :(

You've done it proud Longy ;)

Green cable outers are a really nice touch. Agree you need some suspension track decals for the top tube. When I cleaned and polished it up I had to take the originals off as they were really scuffed.

If you ever want to sell it, please give me first refusal.........

Re: re:

captain8track":22jsrnky said:
remember when I was 9years old and my dad drove me to my first mountainbike training in 1991 there was a junior racer riding one of theese but it was black with an fluroscent orange swingarm. He was really fast, and what of I can remember it had a rockshox fork with trek branding of some sort. It was a dream bike, something you saw in magazines!

+1 the black/orange one was advertised in the first ever MBUK I bought 1991.

Horrible to ride as under load the chain extends the suspension. If you go over a bump and compress the suspension the action of the suspension pulls the pedals backwards.

The rear is all floppy too so you get bad brake rub.

Great museum piece / occasional ride though from the early days of FS :)

good to see it out in the open.

having seen this in the flesh i can ay the pictures dont do it justice. great bike!

first ride tonight :D

pics first

Photo1443.jpg

Photo1446.jpg

watched some racing :cool:

Photo1451.jpg

Photo1461.jpg

Photo1462.jpg

Photo1458.jpg

God that looks good, great pics too Chris :D

Really pleased for you mate but ever so slightly jealous too :LOL:

well,the ride.tbh i didnt know what to expect.many peoples views were against the bike but it isnt as bad as people think.

i started off on some bumpyish singletrack and soon reallised when pedaling it felt odd,the flex is apparent but you soon ride accordingly.i found riding a harder gear slightly overcame the feedback and eventually became part of the character of the bike.it flew on these trails and when the trails got more technical it felt very responsive and the bike helped "feel" the terrain and trail so you knew what and how your riding.

i really really like this bike,it works,the ride was pleasant and you can see it working!the flex is not that bad as long as you ride it with this in mind and ride accordingly. the only little niggles i have are the rear brake tube thingy isnt very smooth and the rear brake sticks and rubs a bit.the front forks scarily knock when rebounding back up and the rear mech needs fettling.i think this is many due to new cables and loadsa bends in the outers.

overall im well chuffed,i have another dream bike and felt so much happier riding a 17 year old bike around some cool local trails after a tiring week at work

best ride of my life.....................no,but only because im still searching 20 years later ;)

Off topic Chris but are those some of the trails we will be riding on your Scunny ride? They look great :D

Glad you enjoyed the ride mate, any chance of me having a go?

Back