My Yeti FRO - approx. 1988 with round top tube

Kestonian

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I haven't quite completed this, but seeing as the bikes were in the garden and it was a nice day here's my Yeti FRO. Built in around 1988, frame number is 368 if anyone can shed any light. I bought it in 1993 and retired it from active service in 1999 when she was replaced by my (now MadCowKev's) Pro FRO.

Unlike most Yetis, the top tube is round. When I visited the factory I was told they made a few like this when they ran out of oval tubes!

This one will be a single speed (for no reason other than I don't have one yet). It doesn't have any brakes yet as I can't decide which ones to put on (Grafton vs the original XT cantilevers vs Onza H2O)

Frame: Yeti FRO
Fork: Accutrax
Stem: Ringlé trailstem
Front wheel: Spinergy
Rear wheel: Tioga Disk Drive
Bar: Syncros
Chainset: XT
QRs: Ringlé
Seatpost: Ringlé

(excuse the pedals!)

yetifro1988.jpg

tiogadiskdrive.jpg

[/img]

Love that frame & fork. Seems like that's been your love for many years now. But I bet there's some purists that might have some trouble getting on board with that build..

Just sayin' ;)

oh, don't worry - all the original kit's in a box safely in the garage (except the rear mech which I snapped in a race, and the wheels)

The No Fear sticker's from about 1993 I think!

sylvain":3q408hok said:
Nice - but that purple seatpost looks out of place - sell it to me! :LOL: (if it's a 27.2 ...)

Indeed a beautifull Yeti, but the seatpost is 26.8.

The ringle stem is kick-ass! But I would get rid of the carbon front wheel and exchange that for a nice super-bubba/mavic front wheel built! And indeed the purple seat post looks a little out of place....Anyway, very beautiful Yeti! :cool:

Looking good Woody! I suggest period XT canti's (i have some to sell you ;) )

love the stem, pretty rare original ringle these days :)
as mentioned I'd also change the front wheel, aside from that nice build :D

Back