Cool Wall -> Mountain Biking

Cool Wall -> Mountain Biking

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
BITD, most definitely cool.

Nowadays, most certainly not - and the different "flavours" of it have not helped one bit.

BITD it was kinda cool in the way surfing & boarding are seen as cool, but certainly not now.

lewis1641":1ymt2gmr said:
i guess its not that cool really. i n=mean, i think its cool but i dont think the rest of the civilised world does.

the "cool" aspects from a media pewrspective are the downhill, 4x, freeride stuff.

cool for me is an evening ride in the setting sun and a pub on the way home.

thats cool.

Won't argue with you on the media-side on this. That is so sure...(and makes mtb a little uncool). But as I see it from my perspective every thing about mountainbiking is SO cool. Ridning with your buddies on the trailbrikes and hitting the bub on your way back home, rideing your Orange 222 like it is stolen on the downhill tracks. Even standing in the startbox with your shaved leges along Henrik Djernis and Michael Rasmussen back in the days... I have to say that everything I have been doing aound the world of mtb makes me think it more cool than anything else. Maby the only un-cool thing with mountainbikeing is when people ride on them on the road. Some folks that cant seem to figure out that almost ANY other bike would be nicer to ride on the road... But MTB is über-cool!

yes , voted cool .

MTB revolutionised cycling in general .

BMX was slowly dying and road riding was dull . along came MTB and bright colours started to appear on jerseys and bikes . a whole new way of thinking had been created .

I voted uncool - As a sport, especially XC, BITD and even now it is pretty dull to watch.

As a pastime it is cool, especially with the ethics of the pioneers, climbing mountains to ride down them is very akin to off-piste skiing, surfing and other adventure sports.

I think MTB is cool, but then I'm looking at it from the point of view of an avid fan. I am pretty certain that the rest of the world doesn't regard MTB as cool, (with perhaps the exception of modern DH and 4X). :? However considering the retro era as stated in the question I think it was cooler then than now. I remember the jealously on peoples faces when I said I owned a Saracen MTB back in 1991 and that wasn't limited to fellow cyclists, "normal people" thought it was cool as well. My mates who rode "racers" were sick with lust for my off road ability! :cool: From the mid 90's onwards though, I think attitudes had changed - (probably with the introduction of mass market MTB's like the Raleigh Activator) and suddenly BSO's were everywhere. From then on MTB was "uncool".

Still doesn't help me with voting though..... :LOL:

I'm going with cool, because I still remember the smug feeling I had when for a brief period in my life, I owned the "best" bike. :)

To me it was cool BITD, when all you could think about was the next shiny anodised bit for your bike or the next trail you were going to find. Nowadays with those stupid 29er clown bikes and "jump bikes" and all the hideous variations therein its pretty lame. I watched this show on cable TV called Drop in or something, saw it on the schedule and thought ooh mountain bikes, sounds ok.. Wrong! It was some spotty oiks proudly sponsored by some no mark bike brand doing "free ride" stuff... Since when did going to the shops on your bike become free ride FFS!

Retro is where its at, we had halcyon days when we were all part of something great, Mint Sauce, Jez and his bunny hops, Dirt videos and everything anodised! I look at the new bikes and think "try hard"

Ofcourse it is cool!
Why else would I spend my time on this forum and fill in this poll.
I couldn't care less what others think about it or what kind of bike they're riding.
As long as I enjoy riding bikes, buying and customizing bikes, reading about bikes it is absolutaly cool!!!

Back