Sherwood Pines Ride - 6th June 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
saltyman":1c7ssq5n said:
lewis1641":1c7ssq5n said:
tintin40":1c7ssq5n said:
Me if we can get a train there. Same ol story :roll:

would be cool to have some non locals!

main reason im coming down from newcastle, i want to ride new tracks and meet new folk from the forum.

cool. that is the spirit. my only worry is people travelling long distances and being disapointed!

Depends what you expect really . Just a bunch of guys on oldish bikes riding around some woods for a day really . They're not the most amazing woods in the world but it's good for a laugh weaving between the trees and because of the fireroads it leaves the twisty bits as short bursts so there's no chance of falling miles behind . We end up stopping on the fireroads anyway so people can go at whatever pace they feel . If you want to go fast it's easy to go to the front , it just means you will be sat for a bit longer as other people catch up .

Don't worry about singlespeed , there are no long climbs and it's not technical either . I often use 36/16 which is fine for the few short uphill bits .

As a group we do get the fun of racing other groups of chaps that turn up on their full bounce bikes :LOL:

FluffyChicken":35uxk0zs said:
saltyman":35uxk0zs said:
lewis1641":35uxk0zs said:
tintin40":35uxk0zs said:

main reason im coming down from newcastle, i want to ride new tracks and meet new folk from the forum.

Is it a straight train down for you ?

im coming down by car, much quicker!

lewis1641":30imqcw2 said:
saltyman":30imqcw2 said:
lewis1641":30imqcw2 said:
tintin40":30imqcw2 said:

cool. that is the spirit. my only worry is people travelling long distances and being disapointed!

Never found that from past meets. :D

I think the best thing about rides is the social element. Its great meeting people in the flesh. I think that makes the forum more personal too.

lewis1641":226hy9kb said:
I think the best thing about rides is the social element. Its great meeting people in the flesh. I think that makes the forum more personal too.

yep, i ride alone apart from these retro rides. 95% local cycle ways unless im free in the summer when i hit kielder forest, but even them its the fire roads and cycleways around there.

never go offroad unless im with others thesedays, so its a relief to get out. never had a bad RB day out yet.

Shame its such a long way for you Rich, we ride every other Sunday as a group and your more than welcome anytime ;)

chrisv40":1n3op26w said:
Shame its such a long way for you Rich, we ride every other Sunday as a group and your more than welcome anytime ;)

cheers matey, will make the most of this trip, love exploring new places.

saltyman":2ekdi630 said:
chrisv40":2ekdi630 said:

cheers matey, will make the most of this trip, love exploring new places.

I was in Newcastle last week for a meeting, took me 3hrs from Lincoln so I'd expect about the same to pines. A1 almost all the way. Think I'll book this one off work and make sure I'm there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back