Modern Thumbshifters

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
Has anyone got a pair of these? I know the are brand new and therefore perhaps not in the true spirit of the forum, but... They look rather good and I just like thumbshifters and have an old Bonty frame built with some new bits including a nine speed transmission. Inspired by this site I went on the first ride in ages (years) today. Two laps of the red route on Cannock. Knackered but happy! If the chap who crashed on the single track is reading this, hope the leg ain't too bad. In the words of the great Duke Nukem... "Now that's gonna leave a scar!"

Attachments

• thumbiekit.jpg
    thumbiekit.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 2,166
wow duke nukem quotes on a retro biking forum...something i wasnt expecting :)

I have an identical set on one of my bikes. Pauls Thumbies with Shimano DuraAce roadie barend shifters. Lovely action, lightweight and a lovely 'click' to them. There's a thread on here somewhere about them - some people have had varying success with them but I think it's very much dependent on what equipment they're mated to and mine work flawlessly.

RED ROUTE

I LIVE QUITE NEAR THE CHASE BUT HAVENT BEEN FOR AGES(USED TO GO EVERY WEEK,AND RACE THERE) WHATS THE RED ROUTE MATE ?

I tried them with 07 XTR and couldn't get them to work. The shop i bought them said they would work. But i'm not the best mechanic. May be one day i'll try again. :)

Not the best i have used

They look cool but not very user friendly i found, i had a pair for my RTS-1 but had to change back to rapid fire as they just would not change however many times i tried to set them up :cry: .Best idea would be to look at another set of shifters good luck though what ever you do. ;)

I have a full setup and will use them, like the look, kinda modern-retro look..

Nice with a pair of CNC brake levers..

Attachments

• final_hurdle_022_338.jpg
    final_hurdle_022_338.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 2,106
Back