My New Stiffee - No Pun Intended

ShiftySteve

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Finally completed yesterday.

Have been buying bits off the web as and when they have been in sales and when i could afford them. Its taken ages!

I'd been searching for the matt green for quite a while until this popped up on ebay. I know it's not the latest frame but I'm pretty sure it's the best colour and i don't think the design has changed much over the last couple of years.

I'm still in 'don't want to get it muddy yet' mode. That'll soon change.

I'm wondering if i may have gone a colour too far with the pedals, but here she is anyway:

Attachments

• Cove.jpg
    Cove.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 2,610
Have I broken website etiquette by not listing a spec? (big word in there for me eh?)

Specs:

2008 Cove stiffee frame with lovely Easton Rad tubing.
Each tube is stamped with the Easton Logo- makes me feel all fuzzy - am i odd?

Fox 32 140mm RL forks
Nuke proof finishing kit - bars, stem, headset & seatpost.
SRAM X9 gears all round
Avid Elixir 5 Brakes
ODI Stephen Murray Grips - Donation goes to charity
Nuke Proof Generator Wheelset
Ragley Cheeky Saddle
Race face cranks
NS platform pedals in Flouro Orange

done.

Well, I didn't want to start off my Retrobike postings with a non retro bike, but in my humble opinion, the Stiffee represents everything that is old school biking but in a new package.

I like to see big proper welds i do!

Very nice build indeed, I do have a bit of a penchant for fat welds and being green it's doubly cool :cool:

An old post I know, but i've been out of action for ages with a back injury.

As a result, this beast has only been out 3 times.

Right, These forks have way too much travel for my needs. I got carried away when i built it. I need to drop that front end down. these are 140 RL with crown mounted lockout. they were NOT cheap!

If anyone out there has any 100mm travel white fox forks i'm up for a swapsie. Must be in near new condition like these. Someone must have some in their garage somewhere. I only like white fox forks. call me fussy if you want, but I do and that's that.

If i get any interest i'll measure the steerer length and we can talk details.
I cant afford any cash, must be a straight swap. But these are more cash than the 100mm travel equivalent new

Back