Greg Lemond 54cm Columbus Early 1990's - BRAND NEW NOS

Lemond Fan

rBotM Winner
Very rare early 1990's 54cm (centre to centre) Greg Lemond frame. Rare to find these days in any condition never mind BRAND NEW. These frames were made for the then family owned Greg Lemond Bicycle company by the Bilato Brothers in Italy. The frame is stamped Silv underneath indicating it was built by one of the brothers Silvano Bilato. Being Italian it is a work of art with the lug detail, quality of workmanship and embossed 'hand made' and Greg Lemond' stamps. Made frome Columbus Cromor tubing.

This is also one of the Ten Speed Drive Imports frames that were made in Italy but finished off in California by Tommaso (Gregs import comapny in the USA), where the frames were sprayed with only the best Dupont paint. This frame is a work of art with the red to white colour fade.

I have owned this frame since importing it from the states when bought off ebay last year as NOS, I was sceptical when I bought it as I never thought that it would be brand new & immaculate bought actually it is. There were just 3 marks on the underside of the rear chainstay (underside of the frame, so would not be seen, I have since touched these up with touch up stick in white (see photos)- cannot be seen as I say it is on the underside). Aside from this the frame is unmarked and perfect unmarked condition no other marks at all, paint as new condition !!!!, This was going to be my alternate ride, however I will never ride it as I have just obtained a Craig Calfee Greg Lemond Carbon Frame, so its time for this steel frame to go and be cared for and appreciated by another owner.

All in all considering this is nearly 20 years old I would say mint unmarked condition aside from defects already pointed out (see photos)

Comes complete a Campagnolo Chorus Headset that was also Brand New NOS and a Brand New Campapgnolo Veloce Bottom Bracket.

I can email better photos on request

£299 + Shipping

Attachments

• Red 1.jpg
    Red 1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 3,325
  • Red 3.jpg
    Red 3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 3,325
  • Red 5.jpg
    Red 5.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 3,325
A few more pics

Attachments

• Red 6.jpg
    Red 6.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 3,322
  • Red 7.jpg
    Red 7.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 3,322
  • 313088588_tp.jpg
    313088588_tp.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 3,322
I know its a lovely frame, just needs to go to a good home as it will never get ridden or even built up now I have the Calfee. RRP back in the 1990's would have been £400+

Back